• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Next Stage Gauge Reflash

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I plan on doing this and a question I have is;

When u put the gauge is diagnostic mode and toggle to water temp, the numbers u are seeing are not actual water temp numbers correct? They are just some kinda resistance or voltage type numbers and are off from what actual temp is.

So when the reflash is done, do u incorporate some sort of algorithm or change something to show actual temp or close to?

Also, I’m in your area from time to time for work. Do u have a drop box of some sort? What info should I leave with the gauge? Thanks

The numbers reported in diagnostic mode are not actually degrees. A reflashed gauge takes those numbers and subtracts a offset to get it a bit closer to degrees at operating temp.

As for dropping a gauge off to be reflashed, that is doable. There isn't a drop box, but there are cameras watching the packages area. Send an email or leave a message before dropping it off. Assuming you buy the reflash through the website, you just need to have the name with the gauge.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
izzni
how is the the nsg1 going?

Things are still very much on track for the NS1 being back in stock around the end of this month:

-The faster and larger 8 inch display has completed its temperature testing and is now ready to go.
-The revisions to the main circuit board have been completed and the design sent out to the fabricator.

In addition, support for the 1200 and 850 Ski Doo powered sleds will be available around the end of this month too.

Starting sometime next month the support for Arctic Cat Wildcat Side by Sides will also be available.

uRxLKcS.jpg

7QXxPXw.jpg

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Got my re-flashed gauge back from izzni today and hooked it back up. Fired up the sled to run through the new displays...it is very intuitive, and I think it will likely be the best $100(approximately) I will spend on this sled. Great service and appreciate the fast turn around, thanks izzni!!

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Things are still very much on track for the NS1 being back in stock around the end of this month:

-The faster and larger 8 inch display has completed its temperature testing and is now ready to go.
-The revisions to the main circuit board have been completed and the design sent out to the fabricator.

In addition, support for the 1200 and 850 Ski Doo powered sleds will be available around the end of this month too.

Starting sometime next month the support for Arctic Cat Wildcat Side by Sides will also be available.

uRxLKcS.jpg

7QXxPXw.jpg

I am assuming you have to buy a Garmin Topo map to display GPS information? What size chart card would I need. I am thinking of purchasing one of these for the upcoming season.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I am assuming you have to buy a Garmin Topo map to display GPS information? What size chart card would I need. I am thinking of purchasing one of these for the upcoming season.

If you are in the US you don't need to buy anything actually. Aerial Imagery and Topographic maps are available free of charge with an NS1 for the United States.

For Canada I can generate topographic contour maps for riding areas on request. At the moment there is not aerial imagery available for Canada in the NS1, unless you launch Google Maps or Google Earth from the NS1 Display (which you can very much do).

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
If you are in the US you don't need to buy anything actually. Aerial Imagery and Topographic maps are available free of charge with an NS1 for the United States.

For Canada I can generate topographic contour maps for riding areas on request. At the moment there is not aerial imagery available for Canada in the NS1, unless you launch Google Maps or Google Earth from the NS1 Display (which you can very much do).

Right on! I’m in Alaska, not to be confused with Canada :) So hopefully that falls into the preloaded map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

LINKS??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system

The website and pictures on it are in the process of being updated (the indicator panel above the display is no longer present). Only a few of the pictures so far show the larger 8 inch display, specifically the first row of three. Over the coming days the other pictures will be updated as well.
Is this intended as a replacement for the OEM gauge or a supplement to it?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Will the boost gauge function with aftermarket turbos on 8000s or just the 9000s?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Will the boost gauge function with aftermarket turbos on 8000s or just the 9000s?

It will work with aftermarket turbos on 8000s. You need to connect the MAP sensor's output to the NS1 and enter calibration information so that the signal from the MAP sensor can be translated correctly. It's actually very similar to how the NS1 does boost on the 1100Ts:

http://www.nextstagegauges.com/boost-kit-instructions

On the new Yamaha powered 9000 the boost shows up on the NS1 without an additional wiring.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Any feedback on NS1. I’m looking at this for a few reasons.
But, does it have a tracking feature? Are you able to link other riders to it in anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
can the newer rectangle oem gauge be updated/flashed for more accuracy? i see the "older deluxe" gauge in the pics, and what everyone seems to be talking about. Ski

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I'd suggest looking for reviews and feedback on Hardcore Sledder. Although the NS1 is actually focused on navigation off trail, which is what I've personally used mine to do for 4 years, most folks who have bought one are trail riders. It might have to do with HardcoreSledder being the original place I attracted attention.

It very much has a tracking/breadcrumb feature. There are some pictures of that in action on this page:
http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system/mapping-features

It also had a location sharing feature that does not require cell coverage:
http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system/location-sharing

Any feedback on NS1. I’m looking at this for a few reasons.
But, does it have a tracking feature? Are you able to link other riders to it in anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features