• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro 163 Turning Advice

B
Dec 21, 2007
I have a 14 Pro 163 I love the sled my only beef its that it pushes terrible when I turn. It has the stock gripper skis

I turned the front shock up but it really didn't help much.

Any advice its ok on the trail but out in the snow its all body position to get it to turn sometimes I want to sit on my butt to turn it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 14 Pro 163 I love the sled my only beef its that it pushes terrible when I turn. It has the stock gripper skis

I turned the front shock up but it really didn't help much.

Any advice its ok on the trail but out in the snow its all body position to get it to turn sometimes I want to sit on my butt to turn it.

Loosen your front track shock spring.

Small adjustments make a big difference.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
The 163 and certainly the 174 don't butt ride very well, not a whole lot you can do about it. Loosening the front ski shock so the sled doesn't ride so flat helps a bit. The better sled to butt ride is the 155, been doing it for years. I am a new 163 owner as of a few weeks ago, I've got 400 miles of training on it so far. I've decided if I want to get from A to B I have to get off my butt.

B
Dec 21, 2007
Lazy Butt

I think I should have went 155 I'm getting lazy in my old age

I just want it to turn without a ton of effort

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I haven't put too much thought into this, on the trail I don't notice the sled pushing at all, Although my sled has after market ski's, I also have a 174 with a timbersled rear skid, it does the job well of hooking up traction. however in the fluffy fresh stuff I do get some push forward, I've probably realized with out thinking that I need to stand on one side and get some weight over as that's usually what I do anyways. All in all I don't seem to have a big issue of that that I can think of. I had a yamaha apex with the same kinda setup actually, same skid and track, simmons front ski's and I did notice that thing did do a lot of pushing even on the trails at times.

maybe try different ski's?

Premium Features