• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx handlebar setup on the 18

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Install is really easy on the 18. The plug is right there next to the coolant bottle. I took a pic of what wires went to what plugs on the column switches before I disconnected them to put the plugs through the plastic. Not sure if orientation of the wire colors matter or not, but didn't want to take any chances. The 3/4" drill bit is best. .8" like the instructions say seems like it would be too big after deburring the edges. I used plenty of zip ties. Then moved the handlebars to full lock a bunch both ways to make sure none of the wires caught and had free movement. I mounted the reverse switch to where I can still hit it with my thumb while holding down the brake lever. The quality of the wiring harness is very good. Best I've seen for aftermarket quality on a sled. I spliced in my tether wires near the kill switch again like I did stock. Didn't want to have more wires going down the steering column down under the console.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

N
Jul 15, 2014
Just got mine in the mail today still have not picked up my Mountain Cat yet but knew I wanted this. The quality seems very good i agree and I am glad the install went easy for you. I am so happy finally someone took the time to make this kit one of the things I hate the most about cats mountain sleds. Can not wait to install mine and test it out.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Im glad someone finally grabbed the bull by the horns and came out with a plug-n-play kit. I did basically the exact same set up on my M-series a couple years ago but everything was spliced together. It is defiantly going to be a big improvement over the circa 2007 switch set up

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I see you installed so ODI grips too...I was wondering if the fluro yellow matches the green color scheme

S

SpeedwerxInc

Nov 12, 2015
Forest Lake, MN
www.speedwerxstore.com
Install is really easy on the 18. The plug is right there next to the coolant bottle. I took a pic of what wires went to what plugs on the column switches before I disconnected them to put the plugs through the plastic. Not sure if orientation of the wire colors matter or not, but didn't want to take any chances. The 3/4" drill bit is best. .8" like the instructions say seems like it would be too big after deburring the edges. I used plenty of zip ties. Then moved the handlebars to full lock a bunch both ways to make sure none of the wires caught and had free movement. I mounted the reverse switch to where I can still hit it with my thumb while holding down the brake lever. The quality of the wiring harness is very good. Best I've seen for aftermarket quality on a sled. I spliced in my tether wires near the kill switch again like I did stock. Didn't want to have more wires going down the steering column down under the console.

Thanks for the feedback. We did revise the instructions to say .750" hole and then deburr/file to fit. We used a unibit to install a few and that maybe isn't the most precise method. A 3/4" wood spade bit would probably do the job too, and they're only a few bucks if you don't already have one in the toolbox.

Premium Features