• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 RMK 700 Grinding

H
Jan 3, 2015
Like the title says I have a 2000 RMK 700 with a 136x2" track. I was out riding today and while we were breaking trail in about 18" of new powder my sled started making a grinding sound. I stopped immediately and I could smell gear oil and noticed a small drip of oil coming from under the chain case. When I tried to go forward again with the hood up I hear grinding coming out of the chain case. Before the ride all oil levels were checked and were good to go. I haven't had time yet to tear into it, but I was wondering what you all are thinking about my predicament. I'm hoping for just a broken chain, but I'm usually not that lucky. While I'm in there what would you all check or replace because it is already torn down. I'm thinking water pump belt at a minimum plus whatever is broken? Anybody know what the Napa part # is for the water pump belt? Luckily the track is not locked up and we were able to tow it off the mountain after removing the belt without anymore grinding noises unless I pressed the brake. Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for any help you can give me.

Premium Features