• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Little help with an IQR 600 HO

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
So I'm looking for a little help or at least maybe a direction to go with this.

I've got a IQR that has been fully trail converted with a 600 HO and PERC.

I purchased the sled as is and did not do the conversion myself, so that's why I'm looking for a little assistance.

Basically I went and had to re-jet and once I got everything back together I took it for a rip. Sled runs good but......after you get on it the tach goes all goofy and the Digatron EGT gauge goes goofy too.

The tach works at idle while you are parked but as soon as you take off it drops from 5 thousand RPM and bounces backwards and then goes to zero.

The dual EGT gauge also works at idle but when its under load, the gauge hits the warning lights then goes blank. So in a sense it is acting like the tach???

Also the PERC is now not working ???? This all happened after I re-jetted, so I'm guessing I pinched or may have pulled a wire, possibly a ground wire of some kind?????

I didn't have a chance to open it back up yet, but I was hoping for maybe a little tip or advice, so I'm not chasing dead ends!!

Big thanks to anyone!!!!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I went looking and found what appeared to be one of the PERC wires separated at a connection. Made the connection again but still no reverse????

Also, just noticed that I have no headlights either??? tail light works.......:face-icon-small-dis

omernikski

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2003
Minocqua, WI/ Foxboro, WI
When I did my conversion I had to change everything, even the voltage regulator. Tried using the 600r regulator and instantly blew the headlights out. I know that if the headlights are not working it will make the tach work from idle to about 3000 and then it goes bonkers. I can get you the part number off of the rr one I have and you can compare it. I had to order every piece of wiring and regulator for an rr in order to make everything work

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
CDI--2203802
AC REGULATOR--4011809
CHASSIS HARNESS--2411005
HOOD HARNESS--2410912
OIL LAMP HARNESS--2410902
ENGINE HARNESS--4011992

Thanks for the info!!!

The headlights are working fine and the sled runs fine. Its just this little stuff that came up after the re-jet, so I'm thinking it has to be something simple. I've got it over at a buddies right now and will take a closer look this week.

Thanks again!!!

Premium Features