For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Currently: now to dial it in on nitrous
Basic Member
fredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond repute
Default First ride impression on 175-850 G4

Had put one day on new sled this last weekend in good three feet plus of new snow at 6500'

Sled is completely stock other than tighting rear skid to tightest position and setting front shocks to 3.5

Sled ran solid staying between 78-7900rpm all day, did here a few lazy back shifts in deep snow at top of good thirty second pulls, little power fade maybe..

Shot works perfectly and is a true asset to this sled, well worth the coin, bars seamed a bit short for my height of 5.9' but still very mangable

I ran a older xm 174 platform the day before and a t3-174 the day after riding the G4.. So here is what I found

In these deep snow conditions I found 850 to be extremely flickable, so much that I did more than a few ninty degree turns when I only wanted a slight turn, also found that you almost never had to have to legs on one side, just a turn of your neck or a shoulder is more than needed..

Also found this skid and track to be so flickable I could not follow a track up a steep line, just kept throwing you out, where you needed to stay in.. Real handful compared to other sleds where I have aftermarket skids in..

Left limiter strap in position sled came in and found it to lift skis more than needed and mich more in steeper lines, another sled had bakers aftermarket skid on a new 850 and it seam to follow lines and ski left much less.. Time to spend more $$ on this it looks

Power was ok, maybe a little light for that big track in that deep of snow, hit 50mph track speed, no belt problems

We had a average day riding I would guess and fuel light came on 20 miles from truck, not sure it would make a deep long day with out extra fuel..

Had some other t3 -174 with us that day and it seamed they were fairly equal, power after Breakin is over could be better

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fredw For This Useful Post:
christopher (12-07-2017), fynnigan (12-05-2017), High Voltage (12-05-2017), kiliki (12-05-2017), rmk01r1der (12-07-2017), Rotax_Kid (12-06-2017), ryanjeri (12-05-2017), sledhead_24_7 (12-06-2017), winter brew (12-06-2017), yamiman (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 12:03 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
DRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond repute

Light on power compared to what?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Currently: Rmotion Rocks...
Rotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEBYE View Post
Light on power compared to what?
10lbs of boost.....hehe

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-06-2017, 04:18 PM
JungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond reputeJungleJim has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the honest review Fred! I had the same challenge coming off my turbo Nytro with a Baker's skid to a stock Axys 163x3 when it came to over riding it. Ended up doing a bunch of 270 degree turns and falling off in the inside of the donut the first few days! On my Axys it too was squirrelly climbing in trenched conditions but got way better when I sucked up the front limiter strap an inch past stock. Looking forward to seeing how my G4 175 will work with the adjustable limiter strap this weekend...

'16 Polaris Pro Axys RMK 800 163x3"
'16 Polaris Pro Axys RMK 800 163x2.6"
'14 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163x2.5"

Old 12-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Basic Member
DRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotax_Kid View Post
10lbs of boost.....hehe
That's what I was thinking...I have a new 800 RMK and 3 800 Ski Doo's in my group and a Cat and the 850 has a good amount more IMO.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Chadly has disabled reputation

You ride with your weight a lot farther back on an 850 chassis. People who have problems with this sled sidehilling steep terrain (tracking or whatever you want to call it) ride too far forward. If you bury your foot in the footwell like you do on any Polaris, XM, or T3, the back will wash out. The stock skid is very squirrely but it still can be done if you have the skill set to do it. For reference, if you see where the boards change design on the X models or the SP models, that is where you need to ride for the skid to hold a sidehill. I struggled with this probably for four or five rides when I switched to the 850. I would recommend an after market skid because I run one but for someone to say the sleds don't do it is ridiculous. They just lack the skill it takes. Just because you're not a good enough rider doesn't mean a sled can't or won't do it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chadly For This Useful Post:
jdog1 (12-08-2017), rulonjj (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Basic Member
fredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond repute

We had a 110 lb lady with us and she just loved her new G4, and ride it well, not the same for me at 230lbs

With more rides on it it could get better, even placing your feet a few inches forward gave such a different feel of control, and yes I will be sucking limiter up before going out again a few holes, that is for sure

Talking with a few guys they added washers to limit t motion, and said that made a huge difference for control, might try that as well, it's quick to do

Trying to get Breakin finished on sled before adding silber turbo, also plan to go with toms new skid with full lock out shock for steep climbs, or another baker skid.. Just received seven tooth advid drivers to fix ulgy attack angle and be able to loosen track some

My turbo sleds day before and after were running mid 60 track speeds and that is so forgiving in the deep stuff, very stiff skids also make it for stable ride..

Old 12-06-2017, 09:17 PM
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw View Post
We had a 110 lb lady with us and she just loved her new G4, and ride it well, not the same for me at 230lbs

With more rides on it it could get better, even placing your feet a few inches forward gave such a different feel of control, and yes I will be sucking limiter up before going out again a few holes, that is for sure

Talking with a few guys they added washers to limit t motion, and said that made a huge difference for control, might try that as well, it's quick to do

Trying to get Breakin finished on sled before adding silber turbo, also plan to go with toms new skid with full lock out shock for steep climbs, or another baker skid.. Just received seven tooth advid drivers to fix ulgy attack angle and be able to loosen track some

My turbo sleds day before and after were running mid 60 track speeds and that is so forgiving in the deep stuff, very stiff skids also make it for stable ride..
Any idea how much clearance there is with 7 tooths?

Old 12-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Basic Member
jackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw View Post
Had some other t3 -174 with us that day and it seamed they were fairly equal...
Line up a couple drag races next time you are out ;-)

Old 12-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Basic Member
slinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond reputeslinky has a reputation beyond repute

would definitely be interested in more info regarding the washer trick to limit some of the T-motion. Please elaborate. Thank you in advance!

Old 12-07-2017, 12:52 AM
Basic Member
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to fredw For This Useful Post:
goridedoo (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Currently: Rmotion Rocks...
Rotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond reputeRotax_Kid has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Rotax_Kid For This Useful Post:
fredw (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Basic Member
jackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to jackbombay For This Useful Post:
fredw (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to fredw For This Useful Post:
blizzard (12-10-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 PM
Currently: Shooting pheasents
High Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register