• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Chain Case Cover

Spike89

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
On the last ride of the season last year I hit a rock on the case cover. Had the P3 on and punched a hole into both. Found that the P3 cover is just fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber over the top. So I did some digging and found a company in Canada called AK Technologies. They make an aftermarket plastic replacement, so I took a chance and purchased one. Have not installed it yet but it looks great! I think it will take a rock way better than anything else.

20181023_165559.jpg 20181023_165606.jpg 20181023_165612.jpg

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
On the last ride of the season last year I hit a rock on the case cover. Had the P3 on and punched a hole into both. Found that the P3 cover is just fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber over the top. So I did some digging and found a company in Canada called AK Technologies. They make an aftermarket plastic replacement, so I took a chance and purchased one. Have not installed it yet but it looks great! I think it will take a rock way better than anything else.

Looks sweet you would hope it would hold up better and not be as brittle as the fiberglass.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Ive been thinking about making some from billet aluminum. I have not heard of many failures but I could sure see it happening.

Spike89

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
The old covers I think were aluminum. IMO the drawback of aluminum is it tends bite into rocks and not slide off as well as plastic.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I keep a stock timbersled cover in stock at my house, I've ruined a few. if someone made something better I think I would buy it.

What year is your kit. I just came across a chain case guard in my shop today still in the wrapper. I used to make them I guess I never sold this one. Its for an early TS 12-14.

M5

M
Jan 14, 2004
I haven't received any PMs which is kinda weird because I sent out a few and heard nothing back which isn't normal.

M5

R
Apr 18, 2016
Timbersled chain case viewers sorry about the thread hijack this should be in a PM to M5 but it doesn't seem to be working.

I think maybe the PM's aren't working. If you want to sell the Tunnel cooler you said you have in another thread for the CR500 I'm a buyer. I have a tunnel cooler but my placement behind the brake between the two levels of the timbersled framework isn't the best. I think it need to be up in the front just behind the motor or all the way at the back of the tunnel...in the middle it doesn't seem to get enough snow flicked at it on the trail. If yours fits one of those spots I'd buy it if you are not going to use it. Text me if you want
Matt (530)308-6050

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
chain case cover

the only function of the chain case cover is to keep your pants out of the chain.'

the more holes in your cover the cooler your chain runs and the longer it will last. the old stock al covers need more holes to work to the optimum. some of the new cover require a drain hole in the bottom so you don't have a frozen chain case and locked up bike in the am.

Premium Features