• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest is Dying

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I don’t want to speak for Teth-Air; but in short it is a leashless tether. I believe low power RF transmitter is worn and a receiver is mounted on the sled, if they loose communication with each other the reciever assumes you are no longer in control of the sled and instigates the shut down.

Feel free to correct any of my assumptions. I can edit or delete this as appropriate.

Okay
So for a sled with NO tether, this would be a great addition.
But for a sled with a built in tether, is this just for the convenience of NOT having to clip in when you get ON or OFF the sled?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I want you to know that I truly appreciate Snowest, Christopher. I think I was a member in another life when I lived in N. Utah from 1999-2006. I'm still trying to find the video I posted here of my buddy and I braaaaping around the Monte area on our Yamahas to some Audioslave song.

At any rate, I love popping on here each day to learn about my current sled and read what is going on in other manu's worlds. We have a good, strong community here and I'm happy to be able to add my $.02 as I can.

Thanks
Much Appreciated!!:face-icon-small-hap

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Okay
So for a sled with NO tether, this would be a great addition.
But for a sled with a built in tether, is this just for the convenience of NOT having to clip in when you get ON or OFF the sled?

I won’t ride a Doo, but if I did, their goofy tether would not be on it. Nor would T-motion, nor a flex edge tracks, etc. etc. (In Summary; All the useless gimmicks they use in the showroom to sell Doo's to unknowing / uneducated riders.

IMO; Convenience Yes, The level of convenience is subjective and all depends on how and where you ride. If you ride tight trees where the branches are always dragging across you and may well snag and pull a physically leashed tether, or if you ride aggressively and the leash has the potential of tangling around things and pulling at undesirable times.

I’ve not run one yet, but it’s on my Christmas list. FWIW

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
If you're going to rant, at least use spell check

Dying. Not Dieing. I'm not an English major, but jeez. The little red lines under a word mean you probably spelled it wrong. Right Click & fix it. You make us all look stupider. 3rd graders can do better.

Just a friendly shout out from your local Grammar Nazi.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have to plead ignorance here, so please excuse me..

What does the Teth-Air do differently that the current Ski-Doo Tethered Key??

Christopher, I thought Harris Pub. would make you read their magazine so you could be on top of new products and such. We have advertised several times in the magazine.

The first generation required the rider to wear a transmitter on his/her wrist and the sled would shut down when it got out of range or the rider completely covered the transmitter. That model was know simply as the "Cordless Teth-Air".

The Phantom Teth-Air is our second generation of cordless tethers and our current offering. It requires no transmitter. It mounts up on the throttle block and has a capacitance sensor that senses the presence of your hand at the throttle. There is a multi colour LED that is RED when your hand is not sensed and GREEN when it is there. When you accelerate the Phantom monitors your engine RPM and arms itself just before clutch engagement. When armed the LED is BLUE. Now if the sled gets away on you the engine will shut down. Of course we have a built in USER SET time delay (0.5-3.0 seconds) that will give you time to bring your hand back to the throttle in case you accidentally slip off. If the engine RPM drops down below clutch engagement the engine will also stay running.

In addition the Phantom also has a roll-over switch incorporated. It also has a USER SET time delay. (0.5-3.0 seconds) but when starting a sled upside down it is ignored until the next start.

All settings are managed with the included remote control but once you set it to your liking you usually never bother with it again.

top box5.jpg

Attachments

• Snowest ad.pdf
    627.6 KB · Views: 14

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Dying. Not Dieing. I'm not an English major, but jeez. The little red lines under a word mean you probably spelled it wrong. Right Click & fix it. You make us all look stupider. 3rd graders can do better.

latest

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/dying

dying
[dahy-ing]
<header class="main-header oneClick-disabled cts-disabled head-big">
</header> <header class="luna-data-header"> adjective </header> 1. ceasing to live; approaching death; expiring: a dying man.

2. of, relating to, or associated with death : his dying hour.

3. given, uttered, or manifested just before death : her dying words.

when-comforting-a-grammar-nazi-i-always-say-softly-there-8266105.png

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, I thought Harris Pub. would make you read their magazine so you could be on top of new products and such. We have advertised several times in the magazine.

To be perfectly honest Ads don't have a big impact on me.
For the most part I blow past them.
What matters to ME more are PERSONAL COMMENTS and RECOMMENDATIONS of friends.

One of the things that makes the SnoWest Forums SO powerful is that it brings together so many different sledders and lets them share their real world experiences, AND allows the other members to "interrogate" their comments. In the 9 years I have been on the forums both as a member and as a Moderator / Admin, I can't tell you how many times my decision to buy a product has been directly influenced by another member's comments.

Those comments and postings are my #1 source for new product information.

While I do read the Mag, and many other Sled Mags as well, its ALL TOO EASY to miss press releases and product announcements.
But when them come on the forum, and the thread takes off, then you see it over and Over and OVER again day after day after Week when its a HOT topic.

Last edited:

johnathon007

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2016
central oregon

Auto correct is it correcting me from dying to dieing for some reason though.

Premium Features