• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installed SLP intake...not reaching peak RPM/ power loss now; any advice?

C
Feb 15, 2017
Hey everyone....just looking for some advice. I recently installed the SLP intake kit on a 2012 Pro 800 in order to help eliminate bog in deep powder and now I seem to have some power loss; I'm only reaching about 7900 RPMs at full throttle. Never had the problem before, my clutch is weighted for elevation, fresh belt, fresh plugs and the only thing different is the intake. I'm looking into getting a fuel controller, but SLP says its not needed for stage 1 (intake and can...I have an HPS can). Has anyone ran into this issue or have an idea of why this may be?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Could be a coincidence with the inevitable loss in compression (or a VES leak, etc.) Or, first, swap hoods, tape the SLP intake, any powder valves shut, etc., and see if the rpms come back?

C
Feb 15, 2017
Thanks, I will give it a shot. Is it possible it is just getting too much air and the stock mapping can't handle it? Worth getting the fuel controller and using a stage 2 map?

Premium Features