• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing silber turbo on 16 axys what should I do/check before install?

P

Prormk99

Aug 22, 2015
Hey guys pretty new to the forum so hope I doing this right. I ordered a silber turbo for my 16 axys which i had last year and put 500 miles on bone stock. Jus wondering when I am installing it being everything is apart should I check/adjust tps? Also probly clean exhaust valves? Jus anything I should do before installing turbo would be great help. Thanks

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Go through the extra effort of pulling the reed cages and checking the reeds. If there is even a knick in the reeds, it will be amplified with a turbo. And a turbo will chip them even more.

Make sure your clutch belt is in good shape. I rode out with a old wore out one and as soon as the turbo was on, it snapped. I thought I lost the motor!

P

Prormk99

Aug 22, 2015
Ok I will do that from what I been reading reeds are lasting longer so hopefully they are ok yet. Thanks for the tips. Just leave the tps if it starts and and idles ok then?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
How many miles on the sled?

TPS should be fine, had mine checked as the idle was a little low and it was in spec.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Polaris recommends no cleaning of the exhaust valves unless the actuator cable is sticking. If not done properly you will be taking it back to the dealer so they can perform a EV relearn process with digital wrench.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Check the reeds for sure while you are that close to them. I cleaned my exhaust valves. just don't mess with the cable setting and you won't screw up the settings.

My sled had 650 miles and was always hauled in an enclosed trailer, still had some green corrosion in a couple of connectors. While you have it torn apart, it is a good time to take apart and inspect all the electrical connections and clean and apply dielectric grease to prevent corrosion.

Ridiculous that half of the electrical connector are nice, quality weatherpack connectors and then half are junk that should only be used on indoor appliances, not on a machine that is constantly exposed to moisture.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
At 500 miles you should have nothing to do but install and rip. IMO

You can certainly look at the reeds if you want to.

Like said, go through connector while in there

Premium Features