• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'11 800 Testing/Calibration

S

super6

Feb 5, 2008
This "new" 800 is getting a lot of attention. Sounds like Polaris is doing their homework this year. Word is they are testing it in 15 states and multiple places in Canada. It runs strong in all temps and elevations. This would be good news as they HAVE to get it right this year.
Still don't know HP yet (and won't), but sounds like mid-range is fat n juicy...just like a thick ribeye...makes ya want to savor it! The boys from 56751 are excited about this one...hope it is all justified and this thing really RIPS!!

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
A dose of reality: I can still hear the Polaris reps at the shows last spring telling us they had the 800 fixed....

J
Mar 18, 2008
Truckee
Ha! everyone said Polaris "had to get it right this year" after the 900, so I bought a 800 Dragon RMK. The third engine is running good so far. Only took three seasons to get it to run properly. I'd expect the new injection system to have some first year issues.

S

snowgambit

Feb 10, 2008
The good ol' Wyo
imo i see it as they were too busy working on the kinks with this whole new setup over the years that they werent putting much thought into their 09-10 sleds. If that turns out to be the case then we should see some good results with this sled.

My only dislike is the front end, or lack their of... looks a little unprotected without the plastic on it.

Also why is the 146 Assault in the same chassis 20 lbs heavier than the 163 RMK pro?

Just my observations on the new ones....I still think they are gonna be the hottest sled on the hills this year.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The Assault doesn't get the light weight pieces under the hood and it uses the regular rear suspension instead of the coil over. It also has res shocks on it that add some weight.

sled_guy

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The Assault doesn't get the light weight pieces under the hood and it uses the regular rear suspension instead of the coil over. It also has res shocks on it that add some weight.

sled_guy

Also has wide running boards with braces, big steel suspension pads and a center cooler, and rail braces like the 09 Assault. The Pro RMK doesn't have a center cooler - same as the Dragons have been for a few years.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
imo i see it as they were too busy working on the kinks with this whole new setup over the years that they werent putting much thought into their 09-10 sleds. If that turns out to be the case then we should see some good results with this sled.

My only dislike is the front end, or lack their of... looks a little unprotected without the plastic on it.

Also why is the 146 Assault in the same chassis 20 lbs heavier than the 163 RMK pro?

Just my observations on the new ones....I still think they are gonna be the hottest sled on the hills this year.

stronger some times means heavier....i think the freeryde doo is alot heavier too.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Hold On.....it doesn't get the new suspension? I thought the 155" assault did get the new coil over?

Premium Features