• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 M7 check engine light flash

B
Dec 21, 2006
I borrowed a buddies 2006 M7 yesterday for my dad to ride. The check engine light flashed yesterday off and on. When I would blip the throttle it would flash. The higher the blip, the more flashes. I noticed the right hand warmer was not working and the kill switch would not work every time. All plugs behind the plate are connected. Any suggestions?

B
Dec 21, 2006
The codes varied with the throttle. I would assume it would be a bad connection causing this but the connections all looked good?

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I borrowed a buddies 2006 M7 yesterday for my dad to ride. The check engine light flashed yesterday off and on. When I would blip the throttle it would flash. The higher the blip, the more flashes. I noticed the right hand warmer was not working and the kill switch would not work every time. All plugs behind the plate are connected. Any suggestions?
I had similar issues to this in the past. Make sure you're running nice and cool. Check coolant levels. The sticker under the hood tells you how hot you're running depending on the number of flashes.

Premium Features