• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Almost finished!!!

A
Dec 4, 2007
ALASKA
Thanks for all the help guys! I could never have got this project done in the time I did without you and the wealth of knowledge you shared and have left for other like me to discover and use.
I got to get my first taste of the sled today. I got it running on Sunday but I needed to heat soak it a few times before riding it and I didnt have a brake line to use with my ProX master cylinder until today. I still have a couple things to button up like my hand warmer wiring and I just rough cut the exhaust hole in the 09' plastics. Need to figure out what I am going to do with the other hole seeing as the 06' can exits a few inches back.

I cant wait untl I get to take it to the mtns. This thing idles smoothy but mid range vibrates the footboards alot. You guys were not kidding when you said they vibrated. I hope is smooths out in some of the higher rpm's or when out in the deep stuff. Only took it down the road and turned it around. Hopefuly I can take it out to Petersville this coming Sunday and see what she's got in some tree riding.

Before, Oct 12 when I got it. Destroyed bottom end and broken plastics.

SDC10667.jpg

SDC10668.jpg

Now.....
SDC10743.jpg

SDC10742.jpg

SDC10744.jpg

SDC10745.jpg

:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I especially like the size of the firenice shock tower vents. Nice sled.

Don't worry about the vibration. It improves blood circulation in your legs.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Nice sled. Only thing I would add is take all the controls from the older controler on the handle bars and get the switches to put them on the console like the new sleds. I would be doing that this year but don't have the money for new handle bars and a master cylinder for the breaks.

A
Dec 4, 2007
ALASKA
Nice sled. Only thing I would add is take all the controls from the older controler on the handle bars and get the switches to put them on the console like the new sleds. I would be doing that this year but don't have the money for new handle bars and a master cylinder for the breaks.
I would like to do that eventually but I need to get this thing going and after the 2g's I have dropped into it in the last month its time to take a break, especially after Xmas:eek: I have them mounted on my Fly pivot adapter between my risers. I still need to make an actual braket for them right now I have the mother of all zipties holding it in place LOL.

Get the handlebar delete kit and get rid of that junk! Looks good. I like the seat.
I like having handlebars.....I think I will keep them LOL. I like Polzinhunters delete but I might try to make one of my own before I cave and buy one.

What kind of bumper did you put in and how much was it? I have the stock one and it sucks.
Yep, its the 09' plastics. I think its gonna be a great investment. I like the idea being able to replace the individual pieces (sides and nose) after seeing how these plasics hold up.

BTW, got a question....

What are you guys seeing for temps at idle and operation?

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
Yep, its the 09' plastics. I think its gonna be a great investment. I like the idea being able to replace the individual pieces (sides and nose) after seeing how these plasics hold up.

Looks sweet, where do you ride? I ride Willow side of Hatchers, maybe I'll see ya. I deleted my radiator and added scratchers so I don't know what my temps are yet. I'll let you know. Some kind of snow in Anchorage tonight huh?

Premium Features