• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 Pro 600 A-arm recommendation??

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Just bought a wrecked auctioned 600 pro.

3 of the a-arms are for sure bad, so likely the 4th is as well.
It also has one wrecked front shock as well.

So rather than replace with 3 new stock, is there a better option out there?

Or maybe someone put aftermarkets on already and has some clean take offs kicking around they would sell...

Also, how many miles are you hearing that the 600 is good for b4 needing rebuilt?

It's at 2400 miles right now.

D
Nov 14, 2013
Zbroz only because they are cheap (unless you can find take offs for cheaper.) I don't recommend going 36" stance, but some guys like it.

I think 2000+miles pending on where and how it was ridden, is a good time to pull the pistons.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Here's a picture of it.
Has a unique wrap on it, so maybe someone reconizes it and can give me some more info on it.

According to the paperwork, it came out of Wisconsin.

20150129_225340.jpg

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
That tunnel shure looks rough. If it were me I would run alternative impact chromoly arms, as far as the rebuild there are several rental company's that have run the 600 up to 5,000 miles on the original motor. I say do a compression check if it looks good keep on running it.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I've run both Z-Broz and Alternative Impact and both are great.

Currently running the Alternative Impact 36", set to 37" and they work great. Great quality, outstanding customer service and this kit offers hook ups for the sway bar, which I wanted.

Z-Broz, also good stuff, high quality but if you run their 36" kit, there is NO hook up for a sway bar. Their 39" front end does hook up to the sway bar and they have that pretty cool profile.

Either way, there both great pieces of hardware!

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I've got a 09' 600 with 3500 miles on it no engine issues ever.
Dad has a 09' 600 with 4500miles that had to be rebuilt around 3700(bought from a rental place that put the first 2700 or so miles on it, thing was an absolute turd)
Mom has a '10 600 with 2800miles or so and no issues.

Assuming they all have the same engine(and I think they do) you should be fine till 4k+ imo. It is also funny that the 2 sleds that never had issues my family and I bought from guys on snowest. The one my dad got turned into a nightmare and spent more time in the shop than on the slopes. Hopefully yours turns out better than his did. Was yours a rental before it was totaled?

EDIT: nvm from the look of the wrap definitely not a rental. Regardless might have issues sooner due to getting total'd

Premium Features