• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 Pro questions

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Thinking about making the leap to the dark side. Have a dealer with a backed out on Snow Check in Retro Graphics. Is the 4 year warranty still available to me if the dealer had ordered this one for someone else? ALso is electric start standard on the Sno Checks? Will the side panels on the Pro models and the trail models interchange? Thanks, Mark

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
Thinking about making the leap to the dark side. Have a dealer with a backed out on Snow Check in Retro Graphics. Is the 4 year warranty still available to me if the dealer had ordered this one for someone else? ALso is electric start standard on the Sno Checks? Will the side panels on the Pro models and the trail models interchange? Thanks, Mark

You will have to have the warranty under the original snow checkers name if you want the four year warranty. If it goes into your name and not the original snow checkers name it voids the snow check purchase agreement. The warranty can't be transferred into your name until 120 days after picking sled up. There might be good dealers that can make it happen for you but the one I used played by the rules... Electric start is an option and is not standard... Do a search in the Pro section about taking over a snow check. There's a ton of info on it! Good luck

D
Oct 18, 2011
snow check

I am looking to take over a snow check just as you. My dealer told me this afternoon that the warranty is attached to the vin of the sled not actually in the original snow checkers name because its actually an option at the time of pickup whether you would like the 4 year warranty or a 2 year with $600 to spend on accessories!!! Thats how my local dealer said it would be handled anyway as well as another dealer i talked to. For example if you originally were to have snow checked a retro pro 800 but decided you wanted the red pro 800 you wouldn't be eligible for the 4 year warranty option anymore because that was only offered to snow check ordered sled!!!! Hope this helps!!!

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
I am looking to take over a snow check just as you. My dealer told me this afternoon that the warranty is attached to the vin of the sled not actually in the original snow checkers name because its actually an option at the time of pickup whether you would like the 4 year warranty or a 2 year with $600 to spend on accessories!!! Thats how my local dealer said it would be handled anyway as well as another dealer i talked to. For example if you originally were to have snow checked a retro pro 800 but decided you wanted the red pro 800 you wouldn't be eligible for the 4 year warranty option anymore because that was only offered to snow check ordered sled!!!! Hope this helps!!!

I wish my dealer would have made it sound this easy... I had to have the original snow checker with me to purchase the sled in his name. Then I transferred it into my name at the DMV... The warranty will be in his name for 120 days, but I should still be able to get warranty done if needed just by using the original guys name at the dealers.. Sounds like you have a good dealer that's not afraid to bend rules to make a sale...

D
Oct 18, 2011
Yea!!!

I heard this from 3 different dealers through my local dealer, the dealer in jackson as well as the dealer in casper so maybe maybe you should try to call around and see if other dealers in your area do it different than your dealer does then you can get him do it the right way. Sounds like hes jacking you around a bit....

Last edited:
S

slopoke

Nov 11, 2008
Montrose, CO
hey cannonman I just bought a 12 pro from the dealer in Norwood and think I got a pretty good deal. PM me and I can fill you in on the details. Look forward to seeing you real soon!!!

Jeff

BTP

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2002
Colorado

I made the leap from AC to the Poo. Jump in Mark you will not be disappointed. After riding SkiB's pro last year it is a better sled then my previous white 09 M8 sp.:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features