• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone cut stock rev running boards for better snow removal

S
Sep 12, 2013
Newcastle WA
Anyone cut stock 2005ish rev running boards for better snow removal?

and have pics? want to see the best place to cut them.

This a good or bad idea, i keep thinking about strength problems ?

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
If you have the money, buy a set of snoeliminators, better boards or WRP boards. Then you can cut out the stock running board and put the insert over the cutout part. Thus, killing 2 birds with one stone. You get better snow removal and added strength. I personally haven't cut the running boards without putting something back in it's place.

T
Dec 27, 2005
Roy, UT
I would think cutting anything out without putting a better board or other brand stiffener is a bad idea. The running boards on early revs are weak to start with. I've had better boards on a couple of different sleds and was very happy with them. Not sure if F-Bomb is still on the forums but that's where I've bought mine

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I think part #s for 03/04 is different than 05/06/07 because they have different size holes in different spots. I had some off a polaris that I cut to fit my 04 and they wouldn't fit my 06.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
like sled rocks said, the 03 and 04 have similiar but different front part of the boards the 04 has 2 big square holes up front in the footwells and the 03 doesn`t but the crappy wrecktangle slots all the way back appear to be the same.

When I purchased my snow eliminators they were made to the 03 sled and when I put them on my 04 sled the front of the inserts were comverint the 2 front bigger holes like blocking them off I didnt like that so where the eliminator have 3 square clearance holes apiece cut in them to clear the crease like dimples made in the tunnel on each side just in the bend to the vertical tunnel sides to the horizontal running boards that I moved the eliminator back so the front of them were just behind the 2 bigger front holes and then cut 3 more of my own square releive holes to clear the dimples mentioned and that worked great and also help with snow elimination even farther back on the boards.

Snow Eliminators are by far the most inexpensive priced inserts and work awesome and strengthen the board enough also I have over 3 years on them

I swapped out chassis`s last year and happen to be an 03 chassis so no more front bigger holes, I havent cut them back in yet.

Here are the releif holes I put in but got a bit wild with the grinding bit, also they ahave been powdercoated.
20131012_155220_zps57dc0e4b.jpg

Wildcard

Last edited:
Premium Features