• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When is the 18 release?

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
Dam that's a long ways away

Yes, yes it is. I really think whoever the business development and strategy guy is at Polaris should get fired. There going to release almost a full month after SkiDoo and only gives guys who are on the fence between the two 3-4 weeks to make a decision. This is a catastrophic decision in my opinoin.

Im a Biz development / strategy guy in real life. And in my indsutry this is a huge no-no. I mean even Yamaha and AC are out now with zero buzz. Look on the forums, i was in AC and even here in the Polaris forum and both have threads talking about the new 850 and Shot. When you give your die hard supporters nothing else to do but talk about your competitor, you really have to scratch your head at what in the heck Polaris is thinking here.

Even my local dealer is shaking his head and trying to get a sneak peek night put together asap after annoucement to get everyone back and excited.

Last edited:
N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Yes, yes it is. I really think whoever the business development and strategy guy is at Polaris should get fired. There going to release almost a full month after SkiDoo and only gives guys who are the fence between the two 3-4 weeks to make a decision. This is a catastrophic decision in my opinoin.

Im a Biz development / strategy guy in real life. And in my indsutry this is a huge no-no. I mean even Yamaha and AC are out now with zero buzz. Look on the forums, i was in AC and even here in the Polaris forum and both have threads talking about the new 850 and Shot. When you give your die hard supporters nothing else to do but talk about your competitor, you really have to scratch your head at what in the heck Polaris is thinking here.

Even my local dealer is shaking his head and trying to get a sneak peek noght put together asap after annoucement to get everyone back and excited.

Don't think too much into it.. The 850 is a great sled but I choose my axys over it every time. When they're both in the trailer I hop on the axys 90% of time unless it's the deepest of days I run my 850 165 w kmod to stay on the snow the 155" axys still will prob give it a run for its money

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Don't think too much into it.. The 850 is a great sled but I choose my axys over it every time. When they're both in the trailer I hop on the axys 90% of time unless it's the deepest of days I run my 850 165 w kmod to stay on the snow the 155" axys still will prob give it a run for its money

Isn't your axys turboed?

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East

What im thinking is their giving me, a sled buyer, less time to look at, sit on, test ride and ponder their product. As a guy who just sold his yamaha nytros im looking now at summit or Pro. Ive now had almost a month to go over the new summit with absolutely nothing to compare it too.

Like my local polaris dealer said "it really sucks for a guy in your shoes. You either blindly make a deposit on a polaris so you get your sled in oct/dec (first deposit in = first sled delivered) or you risk waiting and not getting your sled until dec like last year".

My point is from a marketing stand point polaris has failed. The sled maybe great but you cant let your biggest competition beat you to market 3.5 weeks early. Someone fell a sleep.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
What im thinking is their giving me, a sled buyer, less time to look at, sit on, test ride and ponder their product. As a guy who just sold his yamaha nytros im looking now at summit or Pro. Ive now had almost a month to go over the new summit with absolutely nothing to compare it too.

Like my local polaris dealer said "it really sucks for a guy in your shoes. You either blindly make a deposit on a polaris so you get your sled in oct/dec (first deposit in = first sled delivered) or you risk waiting and not getting your sled until dec like last year".

My point is from a marketing stand point polaris has failed. The sled maybe great but you cant let your biggest competition beat you to market 3.5 weeks early. Someone fell a sleep.
Agree!!

D
Nov 28, 2007
march 7th

for what its worth, a teaser came out with a short video of a sled starting up and idling, doesn't sound like a twin at all, looks like some changes to the lower a arms as well(arched up)

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Interesting if it's real ?

Looks like taller spindles and different a-arms ???

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I'll bet ya a crispy Hundo it's a short track four stroke!!!

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011

But yet your still waiting

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FWIW, it seems that Doo released early again this year. It really enables them to release early since the sell through of the 17's G4's was so strong, and dealer's don't have 17 G4's to move. Gotta hand it to BRP, they do know how to market. Best marketing of the OEMs, including the hype, and it's not a coincidence they lead the industry in unit sales. Given Poo's resources, they should do better.

Cat might have a real runner for 18 in the Mountain Cat, but they aren't giving the sled it's due with some of their own marketing gaps.

Maybe Poo will have a head turner, but you want that out early, get dealers to test ride and start to hype, to freeze the market. More likely it's BNG for 18, but we can still hope. For a week.

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab

Other than the Polaris release is pretty much the same date every year, (I'm sure they could change it) I do agree that 3.5 weeks is too large a gap. A couple of my associates were waiting for the Polaris release to compare but they were over whelmed with all the Doo hype and pulled the trigger!!
Polaris should have "leaked" something out to keep folks in suspense? But then again maybe there is nothing to leak??

Trevor83T

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2008
Southeast MN
There's gotta be some truth behind that video I would think, judging by the fact that it is on an official Polaris Facebook page.

Premium Features