• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My running-board foot-loop injury: Who else has had their foot stuck in the footwell?

Have you had problems with your boots getting trapped in your Polaris ProRide or AXYS

• Total voters

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Must be the time of year. Only sled junkies are left.

/QUOT

I am a sled junky. I'll have you know that I try to start a fight everyday on snowest purely for your entertainment. Not too many bites lately.

Kanedog doesn't even own a sled..
2cabb50da7659aff3283840188884a11.jpg

TRS heal up quick!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Tony ! noooo :face-icon-small-sad

how the heck are you gonna keep sane ?
get a big note pad man write those ideas down
hope you heal up fast

Thanks, I sure want to be back on the snow. This is usually the best time of year. Encampment just got hammered again, Colorado also. :face-icon-small-sad
Lots of ideas here of late. Some are already in action others are in the planning stage.:juggle:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Tony ! noooo :face-icon-small-sad

how the heck are you gonna keep sane ?
get a big note pad man write those ideas down
hope you heal up fast

Thanks, I sure want to be back on the snow. This is usually the best time of year. Encampment just got hammered again, Colorado also. :face-icon-small-sad
Lots of ideas here of late. Some are already in action others are in the planning stage.:juggle:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Thanks for all the sympathy. Same goes out to everyone else that's had this injury.
It's definitely a patent flaw in the design. I very seldom ride with my foot in the pocket.
This was a wreck that drove my foot down the running board into the pocket. I was standing with both feet on the left running board. Hit an ice wall at 45-50 mph, handle bars, steering post, and foot didn't make it. Thank God for chest protectors.
The cable lace knob on the front of the new Klim boot didn't help either. But I am thankful I had good boots on.
Thanks again

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Thanks for all the sympathy. Same goes out to everyone else that's had this injury.
It's definitely a patent flaw in the design. I very seldom ride with my foot in the pocket.
This was a wreck that drove my foot down the running board into the pocket. I was standing with both feet on the left running board. Hit an ice wall at 45-50 mph, handle bars, steering post, and foot didn't make it. Thank God for chest protectors.
The cable lace knob on the front of the new Klim boot didn't help either. But I am thankful I had good boots on.
Thanks again

Last edited:
T
Nov 27, 2007
Eastern Washington St
Thanks to the TIGHT Toe Hold!!

Sorry to hear of your demise!

I had the same exact thing happen to me March 19th this year riding some fantastic early spring snow up out of McCall ID.:face-icon-small-dis
Wished I could say it was a result of a spectacular crash but
Had just turned out of a climb turning down hill and about 15-20ft down caught a stump lunching me over the bars.
(Nothing new, been over the bars several times before!)
This time my foot got hung up and Snap went both Tib and Fib bones!

Wasn’t as pissed about breaking the leg as missing out on the rest of the fantastic spring riding that we were going to have in the area this year! Finally snow!!

Polaris really needs to look at doing something to help prevent this from happening for sure!

Will defiantly be looking at some mod on my 2015 Pro to prevent this!

20160418_084010.jpg X-Rays.jpg

T
Nov 27, 2007
Eastern Washington St
Thanks to the TIGHT Toe Hold!!

I had the same exact thing happen to me March 19th this year riding some fantastic early spring snow up out of McCall ID.:face-icon-small-dis
Had just turned out of a climb turning down hill and about 15-20ft down caught a stump lunching me over the bars.

Wasn’t as pissed about breaking the leg as missing out on the rest of the fantastic spring riding that we were going to have in the area this year! Finally snow!!

Polaris really needs to look at doing something to help prevent this from happening for sure!

20160418_084010.jpg X-Rays.jpg

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY

I feel for you, get well.
Maybe we need to change the name of the thread and see how many had this happen.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY

I feel for you, get well.
Maybe we need to change the name of the thread and see how many had this happen.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Heal well, TRS. At least it's not the gas pedal foot. Got a hunch new excellent info and mods will be forthcoming as a result of more shop time.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Heal well, TRS. At least it's not the gas pedal foot. Got a hunch new excellent info and mods will be forthcoming as a result of more shop time.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Sorry Tony...being on IR and in pain sucks bigtime. I hope you heal and quickly.

I blew my left knee over this...maybe because my foot and ankle already have too much hardware? It's a scary deal and being laid up, unable to provide for your family?

Premium Features