• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Come on Polaris, leak some 2017 photos

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
It would be neat to have a manufacturer sponsored deal on the gear with snow check...special 1-off pricing available for the brands under the Polaris umbrella. It is a nice advantage they hold...might as well get some mileage out of it.

IMO, the snowcheck program needs to be as attractive and special as possible. The vast amount of identical in-season sleds the manufacturers unload on the dealers is just dumb. Either make the snowcheck a huge focus, or make a few more options and colours for in season models.

Did Poo not introduce this with '15 snowcheck program? I think this will be their go to in '17. BNG but in a kazillion configurations that you chose with add on hardware options.
Did them good in '15 and the "golden ticket" to keep it coming.

I couldn't believe how many requests for "options in looks" on the Doo intro thread.
I always thought they liked all looking the same.

Me personally, I'm all black when sleddin' and black and blue when not. If I could order without BNG's I would.
Come to think of it, if I could, I may order without shocks, maybe no track, maybe no pipe,, or head, maybe no skid or a-arms, maybe empty clutches, or no bumpers, or no snowflap,,,,.
Heck I don't even want warranty. Should be cheap,,, initially.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Actually kinda impressed that skidoo got so many things right......
Clutch
Cast bulkhead
Slightly skinnier.
Power / centered

They missed on the steering post.
The lines/looks.
Colors (so far)
Wide tunnel plus brake/chaincase (wide horse)
Tmotion / torsion spring

We'll see how the handling stacks up. That will be the deciding factor.

You didn't mention weight. It is too heavy. I also don't understand the tiny gas tank. The 800 Etec doesn't get very good mileage. I presume that the 850will also be a thirsty beast.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
X2

Did Poo not introduce this with '15 snowcheck program? I think this will be their go to in '17. BNG but in a kazillion configurations that you chose with add on hardware options.

I couldn't believe how many requests for "options in looks" on the Doo intro thread.
I always thought they liked all looking the same.

Me personally, I'm all black when sleddin' and black and blue when not. If I could order without BNG's I would.
Come to think of it, if I could, I may order without shocks, maybe no track, maybe no pipe,, or head, maybe no skid or a-arms, maybe empty clutches, or no bumpers, or no snowflap,,,,.
Heck I don't even want warranty. Should be cheap,,, initially.
I would love for the manufacturer to offer a "builder" package without warranty. My warranty is usually toast the moment I get the sled home, cause NONE of my recreational toys stay stock for long.

M

Mr Nasty

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, alaska
I bet both sleds wet will be within 20 lbs of each other. I wish people would get over the weight issues. Most of use can't ride to the full potential of the sled from any manufacture out there but we want to complain about weight and other minor things like we're Chris burandt. Give credit when credits due. Looks like ski doo came out with what has the potential to be the best sled on the mountain. Polaris had it last year. People need to learn to not follow the hype.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
My guess is new graphics... further refinements/tweaks to the ALL new platform that was released less than a year ago... maybe a big track...

Refining... that is what happens and has happened across ALL of the brands in the history of sledding every year.

Lets hope for a 163 SKS in snowcheck... with the cooler and the Needle shocks rather than the small-shaft look-alikes.

That Doo shares the same stroke and only 1mm smaller bore than the 900... recipe for a good straight-line gyro-tracking system IMO... regardless of throttle response from an improved injection system... that new Doo IS impressive though.

I agree with you on the 163 SKS...

I'm thinking this has to be a much smoother running engine than the 866/900 Polaris was/is. The gyro comparison may not be apples to oranges as one might think. The ignition and fuel delivery is light years ahead of what the Pol 900 was/is. The clutch is different, forged crankshaft very small compared to the old 900.

I'm curious about the internals of the starter ring gear (Balancer??) The current Etec 800's are so much smoother than an 800 CFI now.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I bet both sleds wet will be within 20 lbs of each other. I wish people would get over the weight issues. Most of use can't ride to the full potential of the sled from any manufacture out there but we want to complain about weight and other minor things like we're Chris burandt. Give credit when credits due. Looks like ski doo came out with what has the potential to be the best sled on the mountain. Polaris had it last year. People need to learn to not follow the hype.

Why? Why be satisfied with A 430lb sled? Why be satisfied with an 850? Why be satisfied with a 408lb sled? If everyone was perfectly content with their sled we would still be on 70s tech. I want lighter. I want faster, I want stronger, I dont want compromise, I want all 3 of those things.

Must be a cat guy... Everytime I go snooping on the cat page I just get mad, everyones just tickled pink and wouldnt change a thing with their 2013 2014 and 2015 cats- "Why would we want it lighter" "Why would we want a new motor" "Why would we want it narrower" "Why would we want better fit and finish, deal with it" "The only reason anyone buys polaris is because of marketing and burandt"

... rant over, sorry.

M

Mr Nasty

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, alaska
Why? Why be satisfied with A 430lb sled? Why be satisfied with an 850? Why be satisfied with a 408lb sled? If everyone was perfectly content with their sled we would still be on 70s tech. I want lighter. I want faster, I want stronger, I dont want compromise, I want all 3 of those things.

Must be a cat guy... Everytime I go snooping on the cat page I just get mad, everyones just tickled pink and wouldnt change a thing with their 2013 2014 and 2015 cats- "Why would we want it lighter" "Why would we want a new motor" "Why would we want it narrower" "Why would we want better fit and finish, deal with it" "The only reason anyone buys polaris is because of marketing and burandt"

... rant over, sorry.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with progression. I enjoy all the new technology and love to ride it. I'm not brand loyal at all. I've owned all manufactures and currently own a doo and a viper. Dry weight of sleds only matter during shipping. People get so caught up with it that they forget when wet the big 3 are relatively close in weight. Then people get into "well my sled holds two more gallons of fuel so we can't count that". This new doo will certainly push Polaris to top the axys which will be a challenge. I wouldn't expect Polaris to change things much within the next couple years though. Small refinements and different track options. Hands down Polaris has the best marketing team in the industry.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I still have my 50th anniversary jacket I got for snow checking.
How come I can snow check a sled with different engine sizes, track size, graphics, etc. But I can't order it with the clutch weights I need! I have extra sets of 10-62's that come stock that I have no use for just laying around here doing nothing.
Oh, and I would like a case of beer instead of bacon!:face-icon-small-hap

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
So very true on the cat side, they are a great sled but the weight factor can only be denied by the cat and yami faithful. Maybe that's really why the partnered:) I'm not bashing, just speaking the truth, riding a cat this year myself.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
How long will it be till Polaris has a narrower front suspension? I talked with Kurt today at Kurt's Polaris in Seeley Lake, MT about it, and he said there is no need for a narrow front suspension because the sled works so well with the current one. Not that he has a say in it and I realize he's a salemen, but I think they will be getting a narrow front end soon.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Go ride a 05 900 RMK for 4 or 5 hours in the mountains and tell me weight doesn't matter

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
How long will it be till Polaris has a narrower front suspension? I talked with Kurt today at Kurt's Polaris in Seeley Lake, MT about it, and he said there is no need for a narrow front suspension because the sled works so well with the current one. Not that he has a say in it and I realize he's a salemen, but I think they will be getting a narrow front end soon.

The Axys Works even better with a narrower front suspension-and mucho better in the trees- so ya I agree with you if they don't MFG one- then we still have options...
and they could help a bit more in the spindle and A Arm department for strength.
I for one hope they get the lower drive bolt addressed better than what they come up with in the Axys -- still a band aid..

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC

Agreed...I was talking in general about the snowcheck program needing to be strong. Polaris' s/c offer HAS been really strong for 15 and 16 models...great colours, shock options, golden ticket, having the 3" as s/c only seemed to work out fine, and the snowcheck sleds looked GREAT...which is a big deal, I don't care what anyone says.

I think they'll have something cool again this year...I hope we don't see a price increase from the exchange rate disparity.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Go ride a RT1000 for 4 or 5 hours in the mountains and tell me weight doesn't matter

Very true. As im seeing with my Viper.

Im tired of people saying "we dont use the sleds to the full potential" Honestly I think the manufacturers are trying to catch up to the consumers... not the other way around.

If the new Summit had lost another 20 pounds I would have been excited. But to spend money to get where a stock axys already is, dont make a lot of sense to me.

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Heard poo is releasing a turbo on the 17 sleds to stay with the new 17 doo.. Four year warrenty and upgraded track to 174... There is going to be many happy Polaris riders from this.. Let's hope it comes:eyebrows:

J
Mar 19, 2008
Heard poo is releasing a turbo on the 17 sleds to stay with the new 17 doo.. Four year warrenty and upgraded track to 174... There is going to be many happy Polaris riders from this.. Let's hope it comes:eyebrows:

I heard the new Doo is 440 lbs. Nobody over here is very concerned. There is a reason nobody over here is posting about the new fat kid. When you're on the best you don't worry about the rest.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Any idea what the Polaris weight is ready to ride for a long day would be.. I think you will find they are a lot closer than you first thought

Wish Polaris the best if they come out with the factory turbo, and wish doo would of done the same

I heard the new Doo is 440 lbs. Nobody over here is very concerned. There is a reason nobody over here is posting about the new fat kid. When you're on the best you don't worry about the rest.

Premium Features