• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

power jets

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
if my power jets are about 80 percent up in the carb opening im told that they will start to add fuel as soon as the guilitine gets past them. do they add any fuel at all before that position or is it exactly at that point i have them in the carb inlet

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Will draw fuel as soon as their is much air movement. The further back the powerjet, the sooner fuel will draw in relation to slide movement. Strongest signal will be once even w/ slide, but not fuel starting point. Closer to slide, cleaner off/on of fuel pull in slide relation. Fuel atomization is probably better further back though, so trade offs either way, although, mine are through carb tops and work great.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
there is a lot of different ways to get fueling to add or subtract through the slide movement range. what are you trying to do or not do. Also tell us where your power jets are located. please :face-icon-small-ton

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
My power jets are drilled into the carb inlet just ahead of where the airbox connection is. When I accelerate very slowly in powder at elevation I can find a spot in the throttle position where it gurgles and seems fat and I think it's the transition to boost/power jet. I'd like to lean it out a bit in that spot. Other than that it's great and it's not a huge deal so I dunno if it's even worth messing w. I can slam the throttle open and it will respond well. My a/f is about 11.5 in a climb. The gurgle is around1/4 throttle and just before it comes into boost. My fuel is pipe referenced so that might be part of it

Last edited:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
try refereercing from the air box then go to the vaccume side of the carb. tons of differences between each set up. also you can trim some off you peto tube and get them powers jets to add fuel later.

Premium Features