• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowchecker's Hangout Thread

D

daldera

Mar 13, 2015
I've looked into it. I know it would be smarter than paying cash in reality, and using the cash to pay down my mortgage, but I'm also one that hates debt and not sure I want another payment. Never had a loan until the house, so financing a toy is a new concept to me.

Sometimes I wish I lived closer to civilization, or at least to where people have a little money to spend on toys lol. You never get what something is worth
I understand the not wanting to finance a toy but the .99% for 3 years they are offering with the snowchecks is way to good to not use. .99% is not much to pay to keep my cash in my pocket instead.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I understand the not wanting to finance a toy but the .99% for 3 years they are offering with the snowchecks is way to good to not use. .99% is not much to pay to keep my cash in my pocket instead.

I'm definitely not arguing that point. And honestly I'll probably go that route and shove the cash toward the mortgage. Job is stable, and I definitely don't anticipate not being able to handle the payment plus plenty of cushion. I'm just naturally one who hates debt.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Anytime I can barrow money at ZERO % interest I take advantage of it, EVEN if I have the cash to pay for it outright. My last 4 new vehicles have been 0%, last 3 sleds, snowblower, shop equipment....the list goes on. Not only does it free up cash but it builds your credit. I dont even pay extra on mortgage loans anymore, if you have extra cash put it in an IRA. The more you can do at a young age the better off you will be. Just my .02 on the topic :) Eric

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
way more in houses.here you can build a new house and make a 100k in 6 months.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
way more in houses.here you can build a new house and make a 100k in 6 months.

You must be from a different part of oregon than me lol. It used to be that way...up until about 2007. I know the housing market is starting to make a swing back around but it has quite a ways to go to get back where it is.

Trust me, if I could build a house and make 100k in six months, thats what I would be doing. I have the skills to do that, I just don't see that kind of profit in it any more.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
Anytime I can barrow money at ZERO % interest I take advantage of it, EVEN if I have the cash to pay for it outright. My last 4 new vehicles have been 0%, last 3 sleds, snowblower, shop equipment....the list goes on. Not only does it free up cash but it builds your credit. I dont even pay extra on mortgage loans anymore, if you have extra cash put it in an IRA. The more you can do at a young age the better off you will be. Just my .02 on the topic :) Eric

how do you get 0% financing on that many vehicles and sleds. i have good credit, but man 0%, that's awesome. I know sometimes they have 0% financing for "qualified buyers".

has anyone figured out burandtv yet. it looks like it's not just extreme riding, there appears to be some other informative videos.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
You can get 0% on anything at the right price as the seller simply buys down the rate with margin. Zero doesn't always mean zero at the lowest out the door price.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Zero % on the sleds is a polaris star card deal and like I mentioned you only have 12 months to pay it off. It also has no effect on purchase price. Eric

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
And then loose it on fuel towing it..... Just saying :noidea:

And make it back up by not having to prematurely rebuild primary clutches from dirt and road grime getting in the hood. Having nicer looking sleds in 3 years, a place to store in the summer that I don't have to trip over and have them completely out of the weather when I'm not riding. All worth the little bit of extra fuel to me :)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
And make it back up by not having to prematurely rebuild primary clutches from dirt and road grime getting in the hood. Having nicer looking sleds in 3 years, a place to store in the summer that I don't have to trip over and have them completely out of the weather when I'm not riding. All worth the little bit of extra fuel to me :)

I agree. I've had several nice enclosed trailers and I'd never live without one now. It's also my mobile shop. We've rebuilt motors, swapped tracks, skid etc. all in the heated trailer. It's saved us from loosing a weekend riding by being able to fix things rather than heading home after a minor breakdown.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
And then loose it on fuel towing it..... Just saying :noidea:

I've consistently found that 7' and 7.5' wide, 6' tall enclosed trailers get the same or better mileage as flat deck trailers with salt shields (front ramps). This is using one truck while towing a 7x27, 7.5x28 enclosed and also a pair of 4-place opens.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Sled decks around here cause pulling a trailer is a PITA! No room in the snow parks or no room to turn around on mountain roads. Enclosed trailers do have some good points but not for me……..

Premium Features