• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Disappointed Polaris Rider

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
sounds like everyone is happy being a follower or meadow player and not a king leader.thats ok too.:)

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
sounds like everyone is happy being a follower or meadow player and not a king leader.thats ok too.

Track length has nothing to do with that. It has to do with what you enjoy riding. I'd much rather play in the trees than put up the highest mark on the side of a hill. Just not my thing. I don't enjoy high marking. I can enjoy the trees on any day. To each their own.

I can also care less what anyone else thinks of my riding. I ride because I enjoy it. I enjoy getting out with friends and family, it's something to do. I might not pull off the toughest line or put the highest mark up there, but I have fun riding how I do. I know I missed the boat to be a sponsored rider, I'm not out there to impress anyone.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Actually I am really impressed with what Polaris did for the 2016 RMK line up. What I don't like is it just made my 2014 go down in value more than I anticipated.:face-icon-small-sho Our first Pro was a 155" the second a 163" the third a 155" and the forth a 155". If there is a fifth it will be a 155". And yes, no motor problems. It makes sense that a 173" would out climb a 155". But I know I would not care to throw that thing around in the trees. I think most riders would agree and I think Polaris unit sales show that their strategy is paying off. As far as I know they don't release those sales numbers though. So maybe I am wrong.
Oh! And be far it from me to say, they are built right here. :eyebrows: (sorry I could not resist) Off topic again.:face-icon-small-dis

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I like Ghostriders comments. Everyone I know who has ridden a t3 174 in deep snow has loved it. I love my pro 163 with a 3" track. I am disappointed that a 3" wasn't offered in a 163 with a QD. If they did a 174 with a 3" from the factory, I know several guys would be buying, and it would compete with the doo. for now a 163"15" wide can't quite beat a 174", 16" wide track in deep snow going through the trees..

I am planning on snow checking a polaris 2.6 163, but I'm waiting to see if they do some demo rides. 10 guys have ridden the axys and the 2 that ride the T3 say the axys was good, but I'm sticking with the T3, and both of those 2 guys have owned several pros in the past.

I hope the Axys is amazing, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I like Ghostriders comments. Everyone I know who has ridden a t3 174 in deep snow has loved it. I love my pro 163 with a 3" track. I am disappointed that a 3" wasn't offered in a 163 with a QD. If they did a 174 with a 3" from the factory, I know several guys would be buying, and it would compete with the doo. for now a 163"15" wide can't quite beat a 174", 16" wide track in deep snow going through the trees..

I am planning on snow checking a polaris 2.6 163, but I'm waiting to see if they do some demo rides. 10 guys have ridden the axys and the 2 that ride the T3 say the axys was good, but I'm sticking with the T3, and both of those 2 guys have owned several pros in the past.

I hope the Axys is amazing, but I'm not sold on it yet.

2 out of 10 prefer T3? Haha not good stats at all! Be very interested in seeing what type of riding those 2 riders prefer, I'm willing to bet they are not glued to the side of a mountain all day or in a drainage. I'm sure the other 8 guys that demoed a Axys have rode the T3 and arctic cat before, as they are all enthusiasts of our sport heavily! So again only 2 of 10 riders prefer the T3, may want to keep those ugly stats to yourself, because it sure does not make ski doo look good, Lol...

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
2 out of 10 prefer T3? Haha not good stats at all! Be very interested in seeing what type of riding those 2 riders prefer, I'm willing to bet they are not glued to the side of a mountain all day or in a drainage. I'm sure the other 8 guys that demoed a Axys have rode the T3 and arctic cat before, as they are all enthusiasts of our sport heavily! So again only 2 of 10 riders prefer the T3, may want to keep those ugly stats to yourself, because it sure does not make ski doo look good, Lol...

2 out of 10 hand picked by Polaris. That is significant to me. One has always been on a pro and had 2 rides on a doo before that ride. I know of 0 people that weren't impressed by the T3 after riding it. Maybe not switching, but doo is in the game again. most of us are comparing the doo to pre T3. I'm not saying the Axys isn't going to be great. I hope it is and I'm likely checking one, but I don't think it is proven yet. Give us some Demo rides. I signed up on the website for one, but have received no info.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Read carefully - I believe was saying 2 of the 10 are current T3 owners, and both would stick with the T3 after riding the Axys, despite being former pro owners. He picked this out of the original closed demo thread here.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The thing to remember is;

There are lots of Doo guys who "stuck with" the XP when the Pro came out in 2011 because they "preferred the handling." Anyone remember how that turned out? The loyal Doo crowd has done a compete 180 - and is beyond stoked that the T3's are finally playful and don't trench to China, like the Polaris was 5 years ago.

So it's plain to see there was never any regard to "preferring" anything besides the brand, period. 800R XP's didn't even have the reliability card to play. And that's fine if that's what you want to base a purchase on, but be wary of 3rd party reviews for that reason.

I'm not saying that with regard to those guys in particular, but you really need to go with YOUR opinion. Unfortunately for a new model, that is often a best guess, as there might not be an opportunity to ride one till next year.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
2 out of 10 hand picked by Polaris. That is significant to me. One has always been on a pro and had 2 rides on a doo before that ride. I know of 0 people that weren't impressed by the T3 after riding it. Maybe not switching, but doo is in the game again. most of us are comparing the doo to pre T3. I'm not saying the Axys isn't going to be great. I hope it is and I'm likely checking one, but I don't think it is proven yet. Give us some Demo rides. I signed up on the website for one, but have received no info.

I know more then couple handful of people who absolutely hate the T3, comparing a pre T3 to a T3 is not a huge difference just different track basically. Everyone has their preference but from opinions I have seen and experienced is that the T3 is a joke in backcountry riding other then if your a point and shoot guy, in that situation give me a boosted yamaha for that style!

It's just your word compared to mine. At the end of the day a T3 is just a lazy sled that needs all the over compensation it can get

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Whoa, the T3 is a big difference over a 14 in the handling department. It is not just a point and shoot sled. I had to eat a little crow this year because, just like you, I have been trash talking the 174 for years. I took my buddy sh!t holing with his 155 and made him look stupid and he is an awesome rider. I've been waiting for another huge dump so we can go out with his supercharged 155 and see. I like where polaris is going but the T3 is still an awesome sled.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Whoa, the T3 is a big difference over a 14 in the handling department. It is not just a point and shoot sled. I had to eat a little crow this year because, just like you, I have been trash talking the 174 for years. I took my buddy sh!t holing with his 155 and made him look stupid and he is an awesome rider. I've been waiting for another huge dump so we can go out with his supercharged 155 and see. I like where polaris is going but the T3 is still an awesome sled.
yet to see a T3 dominate a old Pro rmk. We must ride different terrain I guess.. my opinion on the sled still stands, I've ridden them and ridden with them, not very good chassis

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'm not some Nancy boy. We were playing on stuff that most don't play on. I don't care if you don't like it. Its America. I've told everybody for years all their trinkets are a bandaid for a chassis problem but it works. It makes my 155 look stupid in deep snow whether it is in the trees or on the hill. I've only had a couple of times where the length was screwing me but I worked something else out. so I guess my opinion still stands because I have both.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Comparing a 155/15 to 174/16 is alot of difference all the 174 does is save guys who make alot of mistakes or are just not the skill set for technical terrain. It is a bandaid your right! Put a 174/3" paddle on a yamaha it goes almost anywhere also but doesn't make it right or practical. Sales #'s tell the whole story, I ride anywhere from cooke city to togwotee, snowy range, all over colorado and no matter what riding spot I'm at you look around and 60% of sleds are pro rmk, enough said they just work and people know it

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I was never a fan of of Xp chassis sure you can get it done but how much more work is it? I ride more with my pro because I am less tired through the day. I will be riding a new axys next year it will be a 163 2.6. I have even thought about going shorter to make more of a challenge for me. Ever pull up a hill fly straight to the top and think that was to easy.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'm not arguing about the pro. They are awesome and are going to be even better for 16. I like them better but I am not blinded by brand loyalty. If something work I will give credit where it is due. I bought the T3 174 for my wife because it fits her and fixes some of her woes. I have only got her unstuck twice this year
That is a win for her and me. You are right, you can ride it like a retard and not get stuck. I have already stuck my foot in my mouth because I said you have to be retarded to get this thing stuck and she was sitting there. It does take the challenge out of things and feels like cheating so I only ride it when it is deep. It allows me to play on stuff that I would have to wait a while because it is too steep or deep.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Comparing a 155/15 to 174/16 is alot of difference all the 174 does is save guys who make alot of mistakes or are just not the skill set for technical terrain. It is a bandaid your right! Put a 174/3" paddle on a yamaha it goes almost anywhere also but doesn't make it right or practical. Sales #'s tell the whole story, I ride anywhere from cooke city to togwotee, snowy range, all over colorado and no matter what riding spot I'm at you look around and 60% of sleds are pro rmk, enough said they just work and people know it

I think its more than 60% in colorado :face-icon-small-coo

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
The arguments on these forum site are all the same. Doesn't matter what you're talking about they're all full of BS. You all sound like a bunch of women. Step back take a breathe and just have fun with what you ride. It makes no difference what you ride as long as if you're having fun. In 10 years or less no one will want to ride any of these sleds because they will only get better. Does anyone want to ride a sled made in 2005? Please don't answer the question I don't really care what you say. But really people debating which sled is better is pretty stupid if you honestly look at it. Enjoy the picture.

IMG_5286907864928.jpeg

Premium Features