• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the BMP pipe mod?

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
What is it? What does it cost? Is it worth the money? :confused:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
my sled had one on it when i bought it, from what i have read and looking at my pipe, looks like they just cut the pipe, and inser a peice into the inside. and reweld it. hard to say exactly what goes on, I have a stock and a mod pipe that came with the sled, so i may have to give em a test run and see if there is any noticable difference.

J

jkpolaris

Nov 27, 2007
hey look up stormn97 on the forum and pm him! he had it done on his sled and he didnt like it or notice a change at all so he cut the pipe open to see what they did and got another one to compare them!

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
I tried one on a M7 several years ago. The sled ran like crap and the welding looked like a little kid did it. Contacted Bikeman and they said It won't work with certain cans. I think it was around $200 with shipping both ways and then another $100 to buy another stock pipe to make the sled run again.

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
Thanks for the info! I have read that alot of guys on here are doing it and I wasn't sure why. Sounds like it's not a good idea.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
They claim HP gains on the dyno for short bursts, probably does. But will not work in the real world of riding where we can hold it WOT for more than a few seconds at a time.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I will give you an update on mine when i get my motor back together, as i have a stock one and a mod one, so i can run em in the field and see if there is any difference at all, i would drag em up the hill and try it, but honestly, i dont really wanna drag an extra pipe up the hill.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
They take out 1" of the expansion chamber body, change the outlet with a stinger that goes into the cone of the pipe a few inches. Quickens the sound wave and brings up pipe pressure which in theory lowers your RPM's powerband. There is a jig setup at my local dealer.... DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
I have one on my 05 M7. It seems to run the same as my cousins speedwerx and doesn't seem a lot different then the stock pipe I ran for awhile last trip to compare. I have the BMP can, timing key, vforce3s, and a boondocker as well. The best things I did to my 700 was the reeds for throttle response and the timing key. A lot of people swear by the RTK head might be more worthwhile then the pipe on a 700 if I read right which sled you have. Like someone said though their welding is a joke. I welded better then that when I was in Junior High.

Last edited:
Premium Features