• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" Power Claw on Axys

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I've had my setup out a few times now. Everything seems fine but I got on some sustained packed snow for the first time yesterday. I've got some track vibration/hum going on that seems a little much. Nothing violent or anything but definitely a little more than I would expect. Only on hard snow and around 35-40mph. I'm wondering if it's the harder angles of the avid drivers causing this.

I suppose it could also be the windows still wearing the tip of the hyfax in.

Ring a bell with any of you other guys with the avids and cut rails?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I've had my setup out a few times now. Everything seems fine but I got on some sustained packed snow for the first time yesterday. I've got some track vibration/hum going on that seems a little much. Nothing violent or anything but definitely a little more than I would expect. Only on hard snow and around 35-40mph. I'm wondering if it's the harder angles of the avid drivers causing this.

The Alpha track is much worse than the gen 3 powerclaw.
Not that it helps u in ur question.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
I've noticed mine vibrates more then the stock Polaris track did, but figure its due to the larger lug width. But, I'm still running the stock Polaris drivers.
I'll take the trail vibes and let her chew in the deep stuff !

Attachments

• IMG_0851 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0851 - Copy.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 113

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming

Ya it's nothing to worry about- I have a full K-Mod with the 3" P/C and avid drivers.
No need to cut the Ice ace rails- but the vibration is more noticeable than the 2.6 even when I ran 8 tooth drivers with the 2.6.
More noticeable in the foot well area- but that's just on the groomed trail headed to the POW so- nothing to be concerned about.. and I have been way over 40mph

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

Same thing running a camo extreme with avids and cut/anti stab/iceage rails. basically same combo you have besides track brand. Coasting/light throttle down the road i noticed it kinda gentle vibration through the whole sled. It freaked me out the first day out, but inspected everything and its all good. Harder drivers driving on clips as well as the way avid profiles their drivers makes better engagement into the track but can vibrate a little more then say like a doo/cat factory extro.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Harder drivers driving on clips as well as the way avid profiles their drivers makes better engagement into the track but can vibrate a little more then say like a doo/cat factory extro.

power to the ground bro!

Thanks guys!

N
Apr 9, 2018
I have the PC on my 850 with avids and stock rails with the tips cut and anti stab from Avid. How loose are you guys running your tracks? I’m getting vibrations as well but everything looks good underneath. Thanks

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
free hanging the tips of the introvert drive nubs flush with the bottom of the hyfax. It can be run looser for sure. But any looser and it starts to flap around a lot/vibrate/scrub on the tunnel.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Anyone have a set of Polaris style Avid drivers???? For the belt drive, drive shaft??? I need a favor.... PLEASE

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Sent you a pm. Thanks

I need Polaris stock style center driver. 3” pitch 7 tooth. but this may work.

Last edited:

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Bump
What are guys running for track tension on 162 powerclaw on 163 axys? 7 tooth Avids.

Tightened to polaris spec I’m rubbing on the top of the rear shock eye.
Loosened up a bit , gained 1/4”

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I run mine way looser than what polaris spec is.

which translates to: normal tension for any other sled.

D
Nov 17, 2017
I have been thinking about doing this mod and ditching the stock 3”track. Is it worth the money and hassle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
It's definitely a lot of money and hassle for the 155/153 conversion.

But at 2,000 miles you'll still have a track (and likely rails) in one piece that work really well.

If you're running a 163 track you can pull the center driver off and just change the track. Then if that's not working buy the drivers. I know some guys don't get to that point.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just had it up on a lift yesterday. I didn't measure but I think it's about an inch and a half.

If I'm honest, my real metric is being able to push it off the back of my flatbed and have it roll somewhat easily. "polaris tension" doesn't allow that.

Premium Features