• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 M8 Sno Pro Rebound issues

S
Jan 3, 2015
Utah
I have a 2012 M8 153 Sno Pro. When I push down on the back of the machine it compresses like normal, but will only rebound half way. I have to pull it up the rest of the way. What could possibly be the issue? Thanks in advance.

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Maybe leakage of air. What air pressure do you have?

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Well that should be enough. Im running 100-110, but it doesn't push it all the way up, maybe 10-15cm(?) left when lifting it of the ground.
Does it feel like it's moving easy or get stuck?
Do you run a tight track?
Right kind of grease? Some types of grease is very sticky.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Try resetting the negative air spring.

Deflate the thing all the way. Cycle it as much as you can. Then reinflate it and cycle it again a few times.

It's non an uncommon thing.

S
Jan 3, 2015
Utah
Well, I've been doing some research and have found that this is a common issue. It sounds like the Fox Float 2 is junk. Maybe, I should invest in an upgrade? Is there anyone that has upgraded their Fox Float 2?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Try resetting the negative air spring.

Deflate the thing all the way. Cycle it as much as you can. Then reinflate it and cycle it again a few times.

It's non an uncommon thing.

That shock doesn't have a negative spring in it.

When was the last time any air sleeve cleaning and re-lubrication was done? If the seal is dried and dirty it can stick. Also if the wiper seal is dirty and can't "breathe" like it's supposed to it can trap air between it and the main seal. This can act as somewhat of a negative spring.

S
Jan 3, 2015
Utah
That shock doesn't have a negative spring in it.

When was the last time any air sleeve cleaning and re-lubrication was done? If the seal is dried and dirty it can stick. Also if the wiper seal is dirty and can't "breathe" like it's supposed to it can trap air between it and the main seal. This can act as somewhat of a negative spring.

I’m not sure when the last time they were serviced, but I’m going to take them off and have a look!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I’m not sure when the last time they were serviced, but I’m going to take them off and have a look!

After you have the shock off let the air out, unscrew the black sleeve from the eyelet that has the air fitting (should come off by hand, but sometimes need a strap wrench), slide off the end of the shock, clean seals and tube, and re-lube with "Float Fluid" or a good suspension grease.

While that's off you can compress the shaft and make sure it moves smooth and returns all the way. If not you need a full rebuild.

S
Jan 3, 2015
Utah
I was able to do some maintenance on the air sleeve, put it back together, and everything seems to be working normally. Thanks, everyone, for the input!

Premium Features