• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Poo,,,,,,,,hmmm, that's it?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I put 800 miles on a 155 X3 last year and was in no way sold on it! Rode sugar, super deep pow, heavy pow, and spring snow, and I dont think I ever once thought, wow this track is awesome, or even better than the 5.1 in any way, besides down hill braking. I never had cooling issues either (had to run scratchers on the trails and hard pack, no different than a stocker tho!) but the track just didnt really have much of a fun factor, just kinda tractored around everywhere trenching like a SOB. Back on 5.1 this year, just seems better all around. Who knows, new chassis, different track, different motor, maybe it will work better on the Axys, but if I snowcheck it will be the 2.6 for me. Ive read the phrase "poor mans turbo" way to many times, to even try to compare the X3 to a turbo in any way is just a wet dream.... But again like I said who knows, maybe a 3"er will work great on the Axys, time will tell.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
THIS year I have 5 or 6 days that were handlebar deep and then the week or two after New Years.....well, that's a different story.
Last year I had probably 8 or 10 and I missed a month in between late Jan and early Feb.
Year before was even better.

Congratulations!!! You sir are a prime candidate for the 3" track. (Unless your boosted) i ride 500-800 miles a year and usually see 2-3 rides that I would consider deep days.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I love my track. I would never go back to the series 5.1 (2.4" track).

Premium Features