• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys RMK... beginning to see some details.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
2017s will get crazy mtn extreme spindles to replace those plows, brake disc on driveshaft, and the pipe will exit out the bulkhead right in front of drivers so the exhaust hits the 3" paddles like a leaf blower creating 26% more lift.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
Does anybody know the final gear ratio yet? I would think with all of the improvements that this would be one of the big ones, but I'm liking everything else that I'm seeing and yes I know that there's a lot more to come :)

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If you can't picture the difference in drag between a spindle lengthened below the lower a-arm instead of between the a-arms, I guess you'll have to just keep scratching your head.

Regardless of where the arms attach, more spindle is going to mean more drag when you lean it hard in soft snow.

http://www.sledrent.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sidehill.jpg

It's kind of a non issue with the axys in my mind, they're not huge and cat-like. Most of us were just oggling at the polaris response..........which was silly if what you were asking about was drag on the outside of the spindle. Countersteering a sidehill makes them then NOT 'behind the ski' any more.

That's all. I think this sled overall looks pretty sweet. Mostly the motor from the sounds of it. And I can't believe I just said that about a polaris 800 :D

I still wish they would have moved the brake though. A broken belt and you can't even get towed without ramming the kind gentleman pulling your sorry butt out of the woods. It looks good, they just could have done a tiny bit more.

M

Mountain_Man

Apr 17, 2014
Western Montana
Ridden one on a pro, xp and xm can't say I enjoyed it on the pro or xp, seems ok on the xm. the pro is nice with the 39".

Uhhh ski doo? just watched a minor tree bump push in a bumper, break the nose plastic and dent the pipe to the point where it had to be cut open banged out an re-welded..plus the pipe has to be removed to put the 4 dinky rivets that 'hold' it on back in. I didn't know anyone still rode cats or yammys?

If you think having to repair a sled after hitting a tree is bad, having your engine blow up because you pulled the starter rope is even worse.

Seriously though, it's hard to defy the laws of physics. Are the plastic panels, pipes, and bumpers on Polaris sleds that much tougher than the ones on Ski-Doo that you can whack trees without worry??

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I asked the head engineer about that at the reveal today. He said there has been a lot of internal discussion on it. Polaris thinks the product liability (covering a failure of a tether to work properly) is to great to add it from the factory.

With the problems i have seen and hear about with tethers.....
Skidoo and the coded tether has more issues with not seating and beeping than you can shake a stick at.
The RF tether has issues with any accessory plugged into the system.
A buddy that runs the iron dog has had his sleds not start mysteriously for 20 minutes and then fire up and run like there was never a problem.....?
Seems the liability means they make the system so it reverts to not running if there is any issue.
The last thing i want on my sled is some stupid electronic anti theft POS making my sled not run.

Frozen pro armor tethers that dont kill the sled.....

If you can afford a sled and cant afford to add a tether because you are SOOOOO worried about it...........

I'm All for having a tether if you want one....

But please kwitcherbitchin to poo about it.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Regardless of where the arms attach, more spindle is going to mean more drag when you lean it hard in soft snow.

http://www.sledrent.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sidehill.jpg

It's kind of a non issue with the axys in my mind, they're not huge and cat-like. Most of us were just oggling at the polaris response..........which was silly if what you were asking about was drag on the outside of the spindle. Countersteering a sidehill makes them then NOT 'behind the ski' any more.

That's all. I think this sled overall looks pretty sweet. Mostly the motor from the sounds of it. And I can't believe I just said that about a polaris 800 :D

I still wish they would have moved the brake though. A broken belt and you can't even get towed without ramming the kind gentleman pulling your sorry butt out of the woods. It looks good, they just could have done a tiny bit more.

The solution to towing, tow bumper to bumper.

D
Nov 14, 2013
If you think having to repair a sled after hitting a tree is bad, having your engine blow up because you pulled the starter rope is even worse.

Seriously though, it's hard to defy the laws of physics. Are the plastic panels, pipes, and bumpers on Polaris sleds that much tougher than the ones on Ski-Doo that you can whack trees without worry??

Not tougher, just engineered to take an impact and only bend the bumper. Like the a arm giving without bending the bulkhead.

D
Nov 14, 2013
You must be a trail rider, they do suck on the trail. That's old news. What u rode, I guarantee it had a sway bar hooked up, right! Try one without. I have both setups, let me tell yah, the sway bar sucks. The combo with taller bars and no SB, is effortless.

Yes come to revy and discover our extensive trail system........Neither of them had the sway bar hooked up.....last I checked lower bars were better when 'off trail' riding. Im taking it you ride a doo??

Last edited:
Premium Features