• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat m1000 build help

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
Hope this is the right spot but currently building a turbo sled and just finishing up the parts for powder coating and the only thing left is the handlebar set up. Looking to ditch the stock telescopic bars for something better. Looking for a nice clean look. If someone could point me in the right. Looking for a throttle block, switch relocation, risers, heaters.. Pretty much everything you need. I have an 09 but just bought a 08 m1000 twisted turbo with engine that ill be putting into my 09 chassis. What you guys think about reverse on strictly mountain sleds. Thinking about ditching it because not sure how it will work because the 08 with the turbo currently does not have reverse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Im sure ill have more questions through out this build also.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
If your using the 09 electronics the sled will have engine reverse, and yes reverse on a mountain sled is helpful.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I agree, the electronic reverse on the 09 is great

the RSI heaters are awesome. there are lots of handlebar options, but I have left mine stock until they break. I'm also running a Twister Turbo M8.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2015
Bars

I have stock bars, with fixed post and 6" riser, newer sno pro throttle block, kill switch style button for reverse, and doing the other switches and eliminating the controls on the brake side also.

Premium Features