• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

temp light is tach shift light on a 03 900 M1

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I just bought this sled and love it. My only issue which has got me stumped is I have a temp light which acts like a tach shift light.

When I start the sled no temp light then I rev the motor it comes on ( motor still cold) It functions like a 2 or 3K tach shift light.

When I idle it goes back off. The light gets brighter with RPM.

Since I have a speedo and tach both temp lights light up equally.

Its almost like the wiring has a short and the temp light is connected to the tach wire.

I have checked the cooling system and the sled is air bubble free and snow melts on all the right spots.

Since i currently disregard the light it will not warn me if my motor ever does get too hot.

besides discarding the tach and speedo,or removing the bulbs where should I look?

Thanks,

Ian

73956_158967290811615_100000950353979_262198_3446952_n.jpg

159 track, slp twin pipes motorwerks head, low comp domes, thug seat, 4" lift

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
Found it!!!

My temp sensor is bad. If I disconnect the wire from the temp sensor the light goes out. The light is on all the time, the engine revving just causes the on light to be bright. The light is off only because the power is low at idle.

I am going to replace the sensor and my problem should be solved!!

Ian

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I replaced the temp sensor and it works like it supposed to ( light off during normal operating temp)

I checked the A arms, the bars are all straight and there is no weld issues I think its the camera and angle I used for the picture. ( a little fish eye distortion?)

Ian

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Good deal, I was also going to suggest replacing the temp sensor but you beat me to it. Good luck and have fun with the sled, they are still hard to beat.

Premium Features