• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECU flash

G
Nov 27, 2007
Putting a BD turbo on my Polaris 800 sled and i was seeing if someone could help me out. There are a few of use here in Klamath Falls, Oregon that are running trubos. My question is we are running the 09 flash that gets rid of the Det sensor, and we had heard that there is a 2010 flash that dosen't get rid of it, just makes it less sensitive. Is this true. Thanks

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The original 09 D8 flash had a much less sensitive detonation sensor. When the update (and 2010) flashes came out, Polaris made the detonation sensor more sensitive (more likely to go off) to help with the motor problems. If you can find someone to flash you back to the original, it works well. I had to do that for a high compression head mod on my D8.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Jan 2010 Flash

I highly recommend getting the Jan 2010 flash. Did it on mine as soon as it became available and it works perfectly. I did have to change the numbers a bit on my Attitude box, but after that, no problems whatsoever. I would not recommend using the 09 flash because it is a good thing to have the det sensor more sensitive. I, for one, want to know if there is any det going on at all in the engine. Then i can make fuel adjustments before any harm is done.

Your turbo kit builder should have the new #s for your fuel controller.

Cheers!

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
I highly recommend getting the Jan 2010 flash. Did it on mine as soon as it became available and it works perfectly. I did have to change the numbers a bit on my Attitude box, but after that, no problems whatsoever. I would not recommend using the 09 flash because it is a good thing to have the det sensor more sensitive. I, for one, want to know if there is any det going on at all in the engine. Then i can make fuel adjustments before any harm is done.

Your turbo kit builder should have the new #s for your fuel controller.

Cheers!

interesting, i do agree with wanting to have a good det system working. Your using an aero set up right?

Premium Features