• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 polaris 800 info??

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
Did polaris ever release any more info on the 2010 800's?? Last i knew they had no hp #'s available and they would not confirm what they were "supposedly" doing different from last year to prevent the melt down problems of the 09's.

My dad got a letter yesterday for his 08, saying all 08-09's would recieve new top end, pistons, and fuel mapping, so i am guessing they have supposedly figured out the fuel mapping now to keep them from melting down?????

If this is the case a new left over 09 with the new fuel mapping should be just as good as a '10?? I would like to replace my 07 700 this year, but it has been bullet proof, and i am not willing to miss half of the season to get a new sled! Good to see polaris is standing behind their problems of the 08-09's though!!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Did polaris ever release any more info on the 2010 800's?? Last i knew they had no hp #'s available and they would not confirm what they were "supposedly" doing different from last year to prevent the melt down problems of the 09's.

My dad got a letter yesterday for his 08, saying all 08-09's would recieve new top end, pistons, and fuel mapping, so i am guessing they have supposedly figured out the fuel mapping now to keep them from melting down?????

If this is the case a new left over 09 with the new fuel mapping should be just as good as a '10?? I would like to replace my 07 700 this year, but it has been bullet proof, and i am not willing to miss half of the season to get a new sled! Good to see polaris is standing behind their problems of the 08-09's though!!

I've got a 2007 D-7 also, I'd like to upgrade as well, but I think I'll wait until Spring to see if the 800's really fixed.:confused:

800 RUSH 136" for 2011???:rolleyes:

T
Dec 4, 2007
I've already ordered my 2010 D8, but I've been following the posts on the main polaris page titled "08/09 Recall Info" and "08/09 800s TRUE HP!!!!!". They have been on a daily update as the engine update changes.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Not that it's all that important but we'll get the actual hp when guys like dyno Jim get around to some tests, as far as the fix I truly believe it to be a winner not from what Poo says but if you talk to any of the aftermarket guys they are full steam ahead as they've been testing the set up for months now and will tell you the motor is a go, no problems (yet and no indication of any to come) FYI . Now if it will just snow and my wife will let me go!

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
Not that it's all that important but we'll get the actual hp when guys like dyno Jim get around to some tests, as far as the fix I truly believe it to be a winner not from what Poo says but if you talk to any of the aftermarket guys they are full steam ahead as they've been testing the set up for months now and will tell you the motor is a go, no problems (yet and no indication of any to come) FYI . Now if it will just snow and my wife will let me go!

This has been my experience also. The aftermarket experts think that double ring pistons are a vast improvement as for as cooling and heat transfer. My guess is that HP will be down just a hair because of the lower compression head, but running a cooler motor might make up for some of that lost hp. Sopposedly, the dome is a totally different shape to. WHO KNOW:DS

Fast_XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Pics of the head are on the HCS in the IQ forum. I don't have the time to link them, but it is a totally different head shape. Conical, with a protruding boss for the plug. The squish is typical in shape. I don't have the squish band dimensions to know whether it is thinner/wider/tighter or looser than the old head.
Neil

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
Thanks for all the input, I think for the time being i will wait a bit and see how things pan out. Maybe by Dec. or Jan. they will put some incentives on the 10's or I may look for a leftover 09 w/updates. Thanks again!

Premium Features