• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with my 2nd DIY Turbo sled!

E
Oct 31, 2018
All,

Long time turbo guy in automotive and building my 2nd DIY carbed turbo sled. First one was a draw through GT20 on a 500 twin. Worked fairly well but due to draw through had some tuning problems, icing intake, etc. Learned a lot though.

New kit will be a 440 to complete in a mod class near sea level. Budget is VERY tight for this competition so I need some help on finding the following cheap! So glad I found this forum!

- 1:1 regulator - There are very cheap ones on eBay, waste of time?
- 12V Fuel pump - So many options!
- Oil feed pump - My previous oil pumps (feed and scavenge) will likely work but I was a little low on feed pressure last time so something close to 20psi would be better.
- Airbox for dual carbs. I will be running twin 34's and can make a box but if there is a place selling generic boxes or if anyone has something used I can modify, this would save me some time. I have the room under the hood with such a small motor!

The rest I have all sourced already!

E
Oct 31, 2018
Thanks, I read that 2X diameter of the carbs for depth and height so I picked 4x4. Width is the issue for me as it can't be much wider than the carb spacing. How much bigger do you suggest? I can go up to 6x6 and likely still clear the secondary and steering post.

E
Oct 31, 2018
bump... looking to order the airbox material. 440, twin 34mm carbs. Can't go much wider than carbs (~8") but I have up to ~6 inches in height and depth I can work with. What size to make it? I plan to bring in the intercooler outlet from the top between the carbs to help with flow uniformity. Anyone with experience give me your best guess please.

Premium Features