• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 sway bar?

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Did you guys remove them on the 2017's. I have on all my prior sleds. Not sure if it makes much difference on this sled.

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
I have the quick disconnect, on the trail its needed, off trail is a different story. I like to disconnect it off trail but I dont think having it connected would be a huge deal in the powder.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
I think it depends on whether you have after market suspension or stock. With stock suspension one actually needs it connected to slow the machines movements down, laterally the stock machine is very quick. I find the stock spring rates are too soft and I'm only 140lbs before gear.

I have aftermarket suspension and find that on the trail I like mine linked and un-linked in the powder.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
So you are confirming that even at 140 pounds one will have to revalve and use heavier spring rates in the frond end if you remove the sway bar:face-icon-small-win Now if you throw in the understanding of what the swayer actually does for you in a sidehill -- and you will understand why it is on the sled and seems to work so well. Now if you use that and fine tune it even more to your weight and riding style you have a winner.
Can you ride without - Yes - but for it to work properly you pretty much need new front shocks set up .

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I think it depends on whether you have after market suspension or stock. With stock suspension one actually needs it connected to slow the machines movements down, laterally the stock machine is very quick. I find the stock spring rates are too soft and I'm only 140lbs before gear.

I have aftermarket suspension and find that on the trail I like mine linked and un-linked in the powder.

exactly this !

with my elkas i pulled the sway bar .. with stock suspension definitely leave it on

D
Nov 7, 2017
I saw a lot of pictures of broken modules right were they go thru. I installed aftermarket bracing and unhooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
Jul 5, 2001
Sway bar

Had a 16 174 SP with steel KYB shocks softest sitting with Sway Bar in and felt ok....

New 18 Gen 4 175 X model with aluminum KYB on softest setting and way too stiff with sway bar...... going to try with sway unhooked and maybe tighten spring....

Premium Features