• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

motor mount shims purpose?

R
Dec 27, 2016
western montana
Anyone know what the motor mount shims do for 2017 g4s? I can't find anywhere that explains their purpose. I am probably not going to gear down but may do the shim update if it will help.

SASKTOOLMAN

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2013
CANADA
1/2" fender wash and 5 mins is essentially the same fix. We did it right off the hop last year after clutching was inconsistent all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Can you post a picture of your washer fix.

I just got mine back from the shop they did the gears and chain, but they showed me the parts list
For the recall or fix. Ann's there where no shims listed.

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
I'm still waiting for the dealer to call me back to get this done. I'm thinking about just going with the fender washer route myself simply so I can get all my other parts on my sled before the snow flies.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
In scandinavia there is only a recall on the 154'! And its for chain failure. With that the new gearing.

ALASKAGR0WN

Lifetime Membership
Mar 26, 2010
AK
1/2" fender wash and 5 mins is essentially the same fix. We did it right off the hop last year after clutching was inconsistent all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the shim help?

The rear PTO shim is the one that takes a couple of hours because they have to lift the motor. At least that's what the dealer here told me. I haven't been in for any updates yet, but they said they will do the PTO shims even though I didn't get a specific bulletin for it.

R
Dec 27, 2016
western montana
I just talked to dealership and they want me to bring my sled in for updates: Fuel lines chafing. Throttle body screws. Wires routed properly. Didn't mention gears or shim so I asked them about it. They said they will discuss gears and shims when I bring my sled in Monday.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
here in Nelson B.C. Canada they did all the up-dates including gearing, shims, fuel lines, injector screws, some wiring. They also plugged in to review code faults and found I had an injector misfire and found I had a bad injector lead and repaired it. In all honesty I don't know why some dealers are being difficult with carrying out the Skidoo up-grades.

here in Nelson B.C. Canada they did all the up-dates including gearing, shims, fuel lines, injector screws, some wiring. They also plugged in to review code faults and found I had an injector misfire and found I had a bad injector lead and repaired it. In all honesty I don't know why some dealers are being difficult with carrying out the Skidoo up-grades.

You must one of the lucky ones who purchased theirs off the Cranbrook dealership?

In PG, they were stubborn over the gear change so I accepted it since I am rarely if ever over 70mph in the mountains I don't I will even notice the difference since they say it only works out to 1/2 tooth change overall in gearing down. They did the shims, and offered free install on the brace :face-icon-small-hap if I would pay for it so that was an easy decision. However I never heard of any official issue with the wiring or throttle body screws, injectors etc, where can I find that? Would of been nice if I could of had that done at the same time!:frown:

fugly27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
British Columbia
You must one of the lucky ones who purchased theirs off the Cranbrook dealership?

In PG, they were stubborn over the gear change so I accepted it since I am rarely if ever over 70mph in the mountains I don't I will even notice the difference since they say it only works out to 1/2 tooth change overall in gearing down. They did the shims, and offered free install on the brace :face-icon-small-hap if I would pay for it so that was an easy decision. However I never heard of any official issue with the wiring or throttle body screws, injectors etc, where can I find that? Would of been nice if I could of had that done at the same time!:frown:
Forest power sports in Prince George is the worst dealer I have ever dealt with. End of story

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
To my knowledge those don't get covered unless you had serious issues blowing belts. BRP doesn't want to have to pay to work on ever single sled when everyone didn't have the issue. Man I could never own a business that had to deal with retail and cry baby customers. I know the forum brings all the cry babies to the surface but sheesh. I wish half of you guys would just sell your 850's and go ride Polaris junk because you are giving us Doo owners a bad rep :face-icon-small-con

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I had zero issues in 500mi. Dealer (Steamboat Powersports) had me bring it in anyways. Replaced bottom gear and installed engine mount shim, also did the throttle body sync screw update.

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
Playmor Power.....good people.

I like to support local as much as possible, front desk sevice is great. The mechanic in the back well it’s questionable, can’t even press a clutch bushing in right for the 3rd time and telling me I need to send the bushing away to be machined for a oem clutch to make it fit. Well than....
This is why I do my own stuff and tuning now. Got the tools and a dyno to use now.

I got much more words about the same person even outside of the shop....

Premium Features