• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQr Tunnel Extension Thread

Hesdale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
I have been looking for tunnel extensions and have had trouble, or dead ends.

VE makes 2 I think. The one says tunnel extension, the other says bumper and cap and looks better.

Anyone have one or know what the deal is with the bumper and cap? Does that extend to a certain length?

Any Photos, or other extension ideas or other companies?

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
The bumper and cap must have been added to theyre catalog recently, I wish they had this available when i extended my iqr, then I would have taken that route.(not saying im not satisfied with the extension I got, top notch quality!)

Looks sweet and very solid!

A

allanhanes

Oct 22, 2008
Canada
The Bumper kit from is a really great product. I found easy to install and looks etreamly good.as there is no instructions here are a few things i do recommend and i would do different next time is leave a lit bit of a lip off the stock running board to rivit the bumper kit foot rails to. making sure that if you decide to shorten the side of the stock tunnel put the bumper kit on to make sure you wont cut it so the edge of the stock tunnel is in one of bumper kit windows. If you have any questions e mail me at allanhanes@hotmail.com and i can do my best to help you with any you may have.

Last edited:
K
Jun 28, 2009
I extended my 600rr to 144. I didnt really liked how it looked with the footrest all the way back so i cut it out and put on my stock angled footrests on. it looks sweet

sled2.JPG

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I ordered a bumper extension from VE recently. Still waiting on it, but if you do want the bumper style, they can make it an extension in whatever length you want, mines for a 141.

M
Jul 11, 2008
VE bumper kit

I had the VE bumper extension on my sled the last 2 years, but their new kit is way better! 2 rides in, less footbed drag in the deep for sure! Easy install, and I left stock footrails under.

IMG_1063.jpg

M
Jul 11, 2008
Bumper kit

Thanks!,
This is the new "IQ 440 Boondock bumper kit".
Liz will know if you mention this sled, just sent her pics for their website.
Mike set it up with my dimensions from last years setup, using their "144 tunnel extension" (picture of the sled on snow)
It has a 150" camo extreme track and I think a 146" dragon skid, set back.
There is a little too much ski lift with this setup when it comes to strictly hillclimbing, but I like the setup for all around jibbing and boondockin'!
The bumper kit is totally worth the extra coin!

DSCN0537.jpg IMG00067-20101122-1600.jpg

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Thanks!,
This is the new "IQ 440 Boondock bumper kit".
Liz will know if you mention this sled, just sent her pics for their website.
Mike set it up with my dimensions from last years setup, using their "144 tunnel extension" (picture of the sled on snow)
It has a 150" camo extreme track and I think a 146" dragon skid, set back.
There is a little too much ski lift with this setup when it comes to strictly hillclimbing, but I like the setup for all around jibbing and boondockin'!
The bumper kit is totally worth the extra coin!

Wow! That looks really nice! Does that kit include the footboards like that or did u have that done elsewhere? Curious, In the first pic... did u just cut the extra footboards off, that run back on their extension? Mine has footboards all the way back.

Thanks
Jason

M
Jul 11, 2008
Kit includes footboards, outer foot rail caps, side and center tunnel extension, and rivets.
I ended up putting a new tunnel on, and cut the back footboards down to match the extension.The outer rail cap has room for both footboards.
I left as much factory tunnel as I could. The front of the new footboards match up with the factory front supports. I took some aluminum flat bar, wrapped and riveted around the outside of the footbeds to have a little more support.
Hopefully the pictures help on the discription here!

IMG00070-20101123-0824.jpg IMG_1001.jpg IMG_1065.jpg

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
That is sweet! U see what happens! As soon as i buy an extension and get it installed, they come out with something better! Happens to me all the time! LOL. Looks great man! Wish i would have waited! *THINK SNOW*

K
Jun 28, 2009
that thing looks cool man. maybe next year ill but one of the bumper extensions on. Chunky i cut my foot wells that ran all the way back out and it looks 100 times better

Last edited:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
that thing looks cool man. maybe next year ill but one of the bumper extensions on. Chunky i cut my foot wells that ran all the way back out and it looks 100 times better

see i was thinkin about that but im not so sure on how strait of a cut i could make...lol. plus i think it would be more functional and u wouldnt get hung up on ur rear boards.

K
Jun 28, 2009
I was a little worried about how straight i could cut it so I put a line right on the angle and cut it with and angle grinder. it was not bad at all it was some what wavy but I just filed it down and looks fine. I put the stock angled footrests on it and I like it way better.

DSCN2573.jpg 125_4765.jpg

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I was a little worried about how straight i could cut it so I put a line right on the angle and cut it with and angle grinder. it was not bad at all it was some what wavy but I just filed it down and looks fine. I put the stock angled footrests on it and I like it way better.

Thanks. that does look good. I guess i will ride my sled and see how bad i get stuck with them on (if i get stuck). If i have to i can always cut them off midseason.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features