• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop and roll kit + belt drive for IQR?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I am told fabcraft has a kit out there but don't see it on the website and have never seen it? I talked to CMX and they thought i was crazy :confused:(offered to let them build a prototype with my sled lol... mark just laughed: cool:)

L
Dec 7, 2007
I am told fabcraft has a kit out there but don't see it on the website and have never seen it? I talked to CMX and they thought i was crazy :confused:(offered to let them build a prototype with my sled lol... mark just laughed: cool:)

Belt drives are as efficient as a PSI motor.

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
lol don't start that! Im going to probubly get a 797 or i found a cheap 08 800 efi.

They work preety good. Seen 2 stock dragons, both had slp singles and usual airbox bs. One had the CMX belt drive and it actualy worked ALOT better and carried a bit more track speed. just my $.02

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
To my understanding, the IQR has a drop compared to a Dragon. I don't see how you can go any lower without moving the shaft under the bulkhead?

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
you can move the jack shaft down about 5/8s of an inch and keep it on the top of the tunnel. we did one using the old holz drop and roll for a vert escape. same chain case and mounting. worked out pretty trick. as for the belt drive, save your pennies for something worth while. also all of the mods listed in pretty much all of your threads will limit you to MOD only classes at the climbs. just something to keep in mind.
adam

T

thewayout

Jan 22, 2008
Moving shaft into bulk is perfect, More air box room.

Would be nice to be able to fit a BDX drive but not sure if thats possible.

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
Moving shaft into bulk is perfect, More air box room.

Would be nice to be able to fit a BDX drive but not sure if thats possible.

Any thing is possible with time and money;);) i have seen pics of BDX drive in one . I put a RMI in my IQr lots of work and head scratching but it looks cool when all done :cool::cool:

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
:confused:
you can move the jack shaft down about 5/8s of an inch and keep it on the top of the tunnel. we did one using the old holz drop and roll for a vert escape. same chain case and mounting. worked out pretty trick. as for the belt drive, save your pennies for something worth while. also all of the mods listed in pretty much all of your threads will limit you to MOD only classes at the climbs. just something to keep in mind.
adam

pics? :confused:

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
its on my buds sled, im not sure on pics. its pretty straight forward pm me for details

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Belt drives are as efficient as a PSI motor.

He's right. Just because the one that you saw w/ a belt drive ran better than the one that didn't doesn't mean anything. I've seen two identical stock sleds, identical clutching, jetting, mileage of 100 miles, suspension set up, gearing, and riders within 10 lbs of each other. One consistently, not just beat but KILLED, the other sled. Any experienced rider knows that many a tuned stocker sleds have beat many a mod sleds and it will happen time and time again.

For the cost of around $2500 you could get a lot more performance for your money. I can imagine Mark laughed at you. I would've too. Why would he want to build one??? Not enough demand to warrant the costs of design and production. You'll get more out of your money if you just pay a few snowesters to teach you a thing or two about the sport we call snowmobiling. From your recent posts it's evident this could help.

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
C3 SyncroDrive For Polaris

The C3 Syncrodrive for Polaris has been shipping for over a month now and people have been getting a few miles on them now. The introductory price is $875. We also have them for the Rush, IQ/Dragon and edge chassis.

Check out some of the install pictures.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307254&page=2

Last edited:
F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
The C3 Syncrodrive for Polaris has been shipping for over a month now and people have been getting a few miles on them now. The introductory price is $875. We also have them for the Rush, IQ/Dragon and edge chassis.

Check out some of the install pictures.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...rodrive&page=2

The link won't show up, And will this work on the IQR? And how well are the Belts holding up and the weight loss over stock? And why is it the Rev/Xp stuff $950 and the Polaris stuff $75 bucks cheaper? Will the price go down if more buy and like?

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
The link won't show up, And will this work on the IQR? And how well are the Belts holding up and the weight loss over stock? And why is it the Rev/Xp stuff $950 and the Polaris stuff $75 bucks cheaper? Will the price go down if more buy and like?

It does work on the IQR. The introductory price on that kit is $825. The XP is $1100 and the rev is the same price as the Pro RMK/Rush introductory @ $875 reg price $950. Price may go down if orders go way up. There are no issues with belts, they are stronger than chains in most instances.

Premium Features