• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500

B
Nov 26, 2007
was at the dealer last night pickin up my brother (he was droppin off his 04 for oil change) and got a chance to give the new Ram a look over and lemme tell ya, this is the single nicest truck I've ever seen... 390hp, coil-over rear suspension, great interior, lotsa room in the back, seriously sweet truck... this is THE truck of the year this year... dodge basically threw down the gauntlet on this one... if I was in the market I wouldn't even consider another 09 model... can't wait to see how it does with the 5.0L cummins in it... oops, did I just say that?? :D

B
Nov 26, 2007
I thought Dodge went out of business. Must of hurd wrong.

if this truck is any indication, they are most certainly IN BUSINESS!!!

edit - let it be known, I'm a Ford guy, always have been... but if Ford doesn't step up on the next version of the F150 my next truck will be a dodge

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
It seems to me the limiting factor on Dodge trucks for the last 20 years hasn't necessarily been their motors, at least with regards to the Cummins to be sure, but the fact that the inside of the truck is a generation behind any of the competition.

I remember when I was looking for a new truck back in 2000, there was a lot I liked about the Dodge truck, but the interior felt straight outta 1987.

The newest Dodge I've been in was a 2006 model "Big Horn" edition and it didn't even feel as fancy as my 2000 Chevy was.

I don't think that the rest of the truck is so much better than the Fords or Chevrolets to warrant it, but if Dodge would up the ante and make it a little bit snazzier truck to compete with the other two I can't immagine they wouldn't sell a lot more of them.

I will definatley say that Dodge is the sharpest looking truck on the outside out there today however ;)

B
Nov 26, 2007
It seems to me the limiting factor on Dodge trucks for the last 20 years hasn't necessarily been their motors, at least with regards to the Cummins to be sure, but the fact that the inside of the truck is a generation behind any of the competition.

I remember when I was looking for a new truck back in 2000, there was a lot I liked about the Dodge truck, but the interior felt straight outta 1987.

The newest Dodge I've been in was a 2006 model "Big Horn" edition and it didn't even feel as fancy as my 2000 Chevy was.

I don't think that the rest of the truck is so much better than the Fords or Chevrolets to warrant it, but if Dodge would up the ante and make it a little bit snazzier truck to compete with the other two I can't immagine they wouldn't sell a lot more of them.

I will definatley say that Dodge is the sharpest looking truck on the outside out there today however ;)

the interior makes the current chevy feel old and cheap... the ford is about its equal but the ram crew cab is bigger than the ford... go take a look yourself

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
the interior makes the current chevy feel old and cheap... the ford is about its equal but the ram crew cab is bigger than the ford... go take a look yourself

:confused:

Did Dodge do something drastic in 07 and 08 :confused:

If they didn't, the interior on the 07 and 08 GM trucks is pretty tough to beat...Ford's new interior is good too.

Like I said the newest Dodge I was in was an 06 that was pretty well equipped ... they would have had to have come a long way from there.

Maybe they have :confused:. If so I'd like to check one out.

H
Jan 28, 2004

If they didn't, the interior on the 07 and 08 GM trucks is pretty tough to beat...Ford's new interior is good too.

Like I said the newest Dodge I was in was an 06 that was pretty well equipped ... they would have had to have come a long way from there.

I'm guessing mega-cab.......

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
They are very nice, Can't wait till the bigger ones come out. My next truck, 2010 0r 2011 Cummins tweeked to 600HP:cool:

Carp

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
So are these out yet for sale? I didn't think they were available yet.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska

02-05 where the same, 06 has different heads and a little different dash layout. 07 different headlighs and taillights. 08 same as 07. 09 all changed as you know, but only for the 1500, 2500 should get updated in 10.

But you cant compare any interior to GM, they are deffinatly ahead of everyone there. But to me based on a comparable trim package ford has the most basic interior.

Premium Features