• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski quesion.....2000 Powder Special

J
Nov 8, 2013
Does anyone know of a place or places that make aftermarket saddles?

If you want to put a ski from a newer AC on a Powder Special you need saddles that can fit over or slide down into those plastic brackets of the newer type skis.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
I 'think' another option is to replace your spindles with spindles from a 1M machine . I think those spindles fit the Powder Specials but will fit the newer style skis. However, you may need to replace your shocks as well. I can't remember that part.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Best upgrade for that sled would include a 1M front end. Longer shocks raise the front end, and cut weight pretty drastically. As far as changing skis, get creative with the rubber and you can make any ski fit. And add a spacer or two on either side of the spindle if need be.

J
Nov 8, 2013
Best upgrade for that sled would include a 1M front end. Longer shocks raise the front end, and cut weight pretty drastically. As far as changing skis, get creative with the rubber and you can make any ski fit. And add a spacer or two on either side of the spindle if need be.

Any specific years 1M? Presumably you only mean the 1000 triple mountain cat years. It's probably a stupid question but I want to be sure to search the correct front end parts. :)

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Any specific years 1M? Presumably you only mean the 1000 triple mountain cat years. It's probably a stupid question but I want to be sure to search the correct front end parts. :)

Not at all. Any year 1M. I look for 05-06 KingCats cuz of the titanium springs on the ACT shocks or Fox Floats. Bolted a set onto my brother's '99. Amazing upgrade!

It has different plastic than yours, but it is the same. Trust me.

user45388_pic21373_1297298009.jpg

J
Nov 8, 2013
Another question......

I can get my hands on a complete front suspension from a '03 King Cat including upper and lower arms, spindles, shocks and springs to bolt on to the Powder Special.

Do I need any steering parts or will the Powder Special bolt right up?

Premium Features