• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 or CMX belt drive in IQR

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
It's alive!! Maiden voyage tommorrow. It's jetted way rich and not clutched quite right but it is in fact running for the BBQ. :cheer2: Come summer it's getting a set of Dougs cylinders and I'll see about fitting a taller track. The wife took it for a spin around the hay field and came back with a big grin, so far shes liken it.

Attachments

• Dun 001.jpg
    Dun 001.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Dun 002.jpg
    Dun 002.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Dun 003.jpg
    Dun 003.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Dun 004.jpg
    Dun 004.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 106

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Well thank you very much for the advice and support. Looking forward to tommorrow, snowxtc and her hubby rdr99 are in town and will be coming up to ride the onion (thats the name of my favorite mtn) the weather is calling for sun, sun, sun and temps of +5, downside is it's snowed pretty good this last week and avalanche conditions are rated as extreme. Packing up the generator, powering the cabin up, satellite radio, burgers, smokies and a few beers. Wish you could be there, Bad Company BBQ's are somewhat of a legend around here. :face-icon-small-win

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Well it was a perfect 10 day, fresh snow and blue sky. Had a good crew, everything from a buddy who had never been on a sled in his life to some seasoned vets :face-icon-small-win Beaufords wife was there and I believe had a good time, Sean and Pam made it and I think we impressed them with the hills and the cabins. Some stucks, the odd roll over, smacked a rock or two but nothing major, no shredded suspensions and everyone made it back to the parking lot on their own power. The wifes IQR ran pretty good but needs more work yet. It's leaking gas from somewhere and it's waaaay fat on the jetting but the wife loved it, loved the ride, handling and power. No one liked ending up behind her, the thing throws snow a long way. I think we're onto something here with the 1200 IQR's I'm definately going to be building another one. I have video from my new gopro but I'm an idiot with electronics, when I can get it posted I will. I still need more track under this thing. does anyone know if a polaris 2.4" track will fit in the chassie? I know I can get a 2.4 into a stock edge chassie and if the IQR chaincase and the edge chaincase are the same C/C possibly the 2.4 will fit?? I wouldn't mind putting the jackshaft into the tunnel, it would give me more room for carbs. Anyway now that is ridable I'll be looking into a beltdrive setup like I originally started this thread about. Now I'm going to lay down before I have to go to work, I hurt all over, getting old is a B :face-icon-small-blu

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sorry, I'm skimming through and just looking at pictures....but is it me, or are the pipes actually copper coated?

I kinda like the idea of that. Interesting.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
It's 3/4" copper tubing, like you'd use under your kitchen sink. The O.D. of the fittings is just shy of 1" so it fits nicely into 1" hose to attach to the exchangers or waterpump. I mocked it up to fit and then just soldered it together, cost about $10.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Sorry, didn't understand you, the exhaust pipes are chrome and have just turned that color from the heat.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I was wondering if it was just the lighting in the room.

Do they look copper out in the sun?

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
Well it was a perfect 10 day, fresh snow and blue sky. Had a good crew, everything from a buddy who had never been on a sled in his life to some seasoned vets :face-icon-small-win Beaufords wife was there and I believe had a good time, Sean and Pam made it and I think we impressed them with the hills and the cabins. Some stucks, the odd roll over, smacked a rock or two but nothing major, no shredded suspensions and everyone made it back to the parking lot on their own power. The wifes IQR ran pretty good but needs more work yet. It's leaking gas from somewhere and it's waaaay fat on the jetting but the wife loved it, loved the ride, handling and power. No one liked ending up behind her, the thing throws snow a long way. I think we're onto something here with the 1200 IQR's I'm definately going to be building another one. I have video from my new gopro but I'm an idiot with electronics, when I can get it posted I will. I still need more track under this thing. does anyone know if a polaris 2.4" track will fit in the chassie? I know I can get a 2.4 into a stock edge chassie and if the IQR chaincase and the edge chaincase are the same C/C possibly the 2.4 will fit?? I wouldn't mind putting the jackshaft into the tunnel, it would give me more room for carbs. Anyway now that is ridable I'll be looking into a beltdrive setup like I originally started this thread about. Now I'm going to layed down before I have to go to work, I hurt all over, getting old is a B :face-icon-small-blu

Wife had a blast! thanks for getting her out!!!

I'm guessing the driver clearance wont be an issue, might need a driver change anyway so you can pick up a little more room there. I think where your tightest is your skid mounting points, will have to drop the skid down 3/4" or so. I would suggest the camo extreme 2.5 for that sled and mainly onion riding, we always have wet snow, even our fluffiest has high water content. and when it does get blown and set up it is way better a lot more controlled, down right safer. the 2.5 gives you options of 3" and 2.86 pitch drivers too!

Last edited:
O

oscar680

Jan 29, 2010
Alberta
glad to hear everthing worked out with your wifes sled and you had an awsome day on the hill, I might have to come check out one of your BBQ's, I love a good hillside shindig!

If you interested in upgrading your track I fit a 2.5" camo extreme into mine with the stock chaincase in the stock location, I also have a full U-cooler plus the cooler in front of the track , there is lots of room if you go with 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers. I really like the track it moves a ton of snow!

Let me know if you would like some jetting spec's for your mikuni's, I did a bunch of messing around with mine this year and have them dialed in nice, my set up is a bit different than yours but it should get you close.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Scott, yes the lighting in the shop enhances the color but it still has that look in the sun as well, think harleys with drag pipes. Beauford glad to hear Tammy had fun, I didn't get to spend much time with her but I think she did lots of socializing over burgers in the cabin while I was up back digging out various people. A quick ride while the burgers cooked went south fast. Oscar680 thanks for the help, I don't have a front cooler, just a double pass in the tunnel. I don't know what kind of track is in it right now, just that it's 2" x 159" and has aftermarket extrovert drivers. I want to run a 2.5" and it would be way cool if I don't have to do a drop n roll to fit it. Your welcome anytime for a ride and BBQ, I love to show off my mountain, and Beauford can show you some places you will not believe, really, these places are once in a lifetime sh!t. I tried to talk Danielle into coming up with your wife Beauford but she tells me after that last fiasco with you Les won't let her go sledding anymore. :face-icon-small-hap Go figure.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cool. Gotcha.

I've always been a fan of copper and copper plating. Rain gutters, choppers, etc.
Might be cool to see pipes with true copper plating, like the chrome plating.

I wonder how the look after a few heat cycles.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
It's alot of work, and he did a nice job, but the kit is available from C3 (I actually got an email from Kevin this morning about it) It would be nice to eliminate the chaincase all together and use a flat plate instead. I've been talking to a guy about doing this but haven't finalized anything at this point. I've got all summer now. Thanks for the link.

Premium Features