• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric start

E

extremeattack

Nov 26, 2007
Gillette, Wy
Who got their sleds with electric start delete? I haven't checked but I heard the electric starts don't come with a pull cord.
I ordered electric start delete.

P
Dec 1, 2007
True, they do not have a pull start. That is why I order mine with rope start and add the electric. It is very easy to install, all the wiring is already there. Bolt in - plug in - and go.

JaxSledz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2010
Snoqualmie, Wa
Leave it under the hood

If it is just for back up, I think you can leave the pull start under the cover. Of course you would have to open the side panel to start it, but at that point it is a small sacrifice to avoid getting your tool kit out and pulling the belt shroud off. This was a suggestion from my dealer. I thought it was a pretty good alternative and you only have to put out the 160, less if you buy online

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I had 4 sleds with E start and Shorai lightweight batteries last year. 1 Pro and 3 ETECS. The E start NEVER failed to start any of the sleds. Not one time. YMMV.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
had a buddy with an 07 estart .. .it would only work on his trailer and failed every other time

why get an estart when etec starts with one pull .. sure wish i had an estart a few times I rolled the ol' rev and was pulling like a mad man

estart option was $300 when I snowchecked (got the option between 3 year warranty, wrap or estart, all cost the same)

3 year warranty, no brainer

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I ordered my XM with estart. It probably wasn't necessary for the etech but loved it on my '08 800R so decided better safe than sorry. I paid for the estart and took the 3yr warranty as well.

There was a thread last spring about falling rpms on the etech and some speculation that battery sleds weren't having this problem because of the extra juice for the efi system. Not sure I was on board, but just another reason I decided to go estart again.

I had trouble with connections in the handlebar pod last year that necessitated using the rope start. I therefore decided to order the pull start kit as well and plan on just leaving the pull handle behind the plastics.

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I figure nothing can be as much of a pain in the *** as my 670X for pull starting so I didn't worry about this sled.

Haha.
I guess u never pulled on an 01 Polaris 800!
Makes the 670x feel like a kids sled. Lol
But I hear ya.
Estart is nice when ur in a bad spot and ur holding the sled from rolling down a hill and cant reach the handle let alone pull on it.

187POW

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
westcoast bc
I had 4 sleds with E start and Shorai lightweight batteries last year. 1 Pro and 3 ETECS. The E start NEVER failed to start any of the sleds. Not one time. YMMV.

what size or model shorai battery are you running?i dont know which one to order,i like the e start but a lightweight battery would be nice...thanks

Premium Features