• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What shocks are on your IQr?

P
Nov 28, 2007
I've got an 07 IQr with stock WE's, revalved to RR code. I'm debating on whether I should try and trade for some Fox Floats or get the 130# springs. What are you guys using?

P
Nov 28, 2007
How were they valved? What was so different about them?

I don't have any riding experience with the other spring rates for the WE's or the Floats so I'm looking for a little bit of comparative detail.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
We have 2 IQR's both have Z Bro's shocks on them. Exits are hands down better than the Floats. We have a set of Carl's valved floats on the wifes IQ 600, and Walker Float shocks on my IQ 600. The Exits outperform both sets of shocks in all conditions while exhibiting a more stable feel than the Floats or Walker shocks.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I have 130# springs with the shocks on the lowest setting,much better over the stock 170#. Not even a pro rider could bottom those out.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Ean, I knew if I asked you you'd recommend the Exits, I know they're a good shock. I'd also really like to try some Evol's.....but if I had enough money for those there wouldn't still be a 440 in my chassis. So I'm pretty much limited to 130# springs are trading for other shocks.

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
I have Floats that I am selling off my sled, 18" c-t-c. I need 17" Floats for the conversion to the Dragon A-arms etc.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
The stock WE's, when valved correctly, are a hell of a lot better than standard floats or float x's. I would take Evol's over the WE's but let's get serious about comparing standard floats to walkers, the walkers are a really nice shock, just get the lighter springs, keep the preload low, and have someone competent valve your stockers. my .02

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
The stock WE's, when valved correctly, are a hell of a lot better than standard floats or float x's. I would take Evol's over the WE's but let's get serious about comparing standard floats to walkers, the walkers are a really nice shock, just get the lighter springs, keep the preload low, and have someone competent valve your stockers. my .02

X2....I think the reason people don't like thier walkers is that they are to stiff out of the box, and there is a lack of competent shock guys out there. A set of Walkers set up for you (at your riding weight and don't lie) is about the best out there. If you are a skinny little guy, run the RR or 04ProXR800 valve code and lighter springs. Myself, i am 230-250 with my gear on so I run #150 springs with a valve stack that is in between the RR code and the Race code. Kind of like the 3 little bears, Ahhhhh just right! Craig

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
Nope

Never tried the #130's because I am to heavy for them. I can't bottom the 150's and they still soak up anything I can throw at them. I like my front ends firmer than most, not race firm but I don't like how squishy the RR front feels with me on it. Craig

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
Floats up front, I have a 06 440 that I am setting up for my girl to ride that is why I went with the floats but now I need to setup the rear does anyone have any input on what I should do to make the sled managable. The sled will get jumped often but nothing more than 100 feet so I don't need the stiff settup it has now. Any ideas

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
get a hold of tom (akiqpilot) hes very good with the iqr shocks and hes out in wasilla/big lake plus hes very resonable on pricing. i have heard nothing boot good things from him. rode a buddys sled that he did tht shocks and it was 100 times better then mine stock

S
Nov 27, 2007
Alexandria MN
X2....I think the reason people don't like thier walkers is that they are to stiff out of the box, and there is a lack of competent shock guys out there. A set of Walkers set up for you (at your riding weight and don't lie) is about the best out there. If you are a skinny little guy, run the RR or 04ProXR800 valve code and lighter springs. Myself, i am 230-250 with my gear on so I run #150 springs with a valve stack that is in between the RR code and the Race code. Kind of like the 3 little bears, Ahhhhh just right! Craig

Craig, What valve stack are you running? Im around the same weight fully geared up and Im running the stock valving with 150# springs and its just to stiff....

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
contact freddy ad diamond shocks or AKIQPilot on HCS, they share info and have some really good valving. I don't valve my own shocks, I send them to someone with more patience than me. I tried the RR valving and it was a tad soft, so I went with something in between the race valve and the RR valve. Here is freddy's website: http://www.diamondshocks.com/

Hope this helps, craig

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
get a hold of tom (akiqpilot) hes very good with the iqr shocks and hes out in wasilla/big lake plus hes very resonable on pricing. i have heard nothing boot good things from him. rode a buddys sled that he did tht shocks and it was 100 times better then mine stock

x2.

Tom does my shocks, he knows how to dial them for each person. Mine can go from trail-soft on the low setting to race-stiff cranked all the way up.

Premium Features