• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D8 owners... Mod questions...

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Just snow checked a 7 & 800, have a few questions.

Sounds like the SLP pipe is working, anyone tried the Aaen pipe??

MTX weights, are you having to re shim spider to use them??

Anybody had success with juice on the 800??

Has anyone been able to slap extros on without problems? want to go 3.0 pitch..

Looks like first mods before riding will be 19/41 (2.15) gear and SLP intake kit.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Dub:

Went with the MTX weights and it was bolt n go. I used the Yamaha weights as well as MTX weights to get things just right as mods were made.

I also did the 3.0 Avids, but put in an M-10 at the same time. I would think you would need to be real careful with the OEM rail tip length when running extro's as they will now line up with each other. The guys at Fastrax set my new skid back to allow for this. The guy at Avid was really knowledgable and could probably give some info/advice.

As far as juice, did a Boondocker adjustable N2o on last years 700, it works great and no issues so far.

Good luck. EW

Last edited:
D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
We ran the AAEN pipe on our 800 Dragon... Lost A LOT of power vs. the OEM pipe.

Thanks for the heads up Kelsey! I know we have been talking Cat but the wife wanted a Poo so somehow I ended up with one too?? I will be in touch, as soon as you come up with a D8 anything be sure to let me know!

Eric W.

I saw the pic's of the mods you did looks good! Glad to hear somebody got away from the 2.86, I think there are some good track options available in the 3.0 that are really going to help this little 8 work better.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
I had to shim the spider with mtx weights on the d7 I tried without for a while but the belt was grabbing at idle and the revs dropped too much, reverse wouldn't work unless I gave it a bit of gas, worked perfect with shim. I cant see how the d8 would be any different, it's the same p 85 with the same weights

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
I had very good luck with the EPI belly buster weights no shim, just install and go, with 64-42.-46 helix. Very fast out of the hole and pulling in the deep, but lost top end pull from the stock helix. Anyone have any different setup that is the best of both worlds?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
No, mine is the 155, I probably would if I had a 163. Sounds like some people may have a trick all around setup for this up and coming season clutching / gearing. Should be fun to see.

Premium Features