• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Short seat for Viper? Will a cat seat work?

J
Jan 7, 2016
So Ive been looking at the new Cats and Doo's and was wondering if theres a short seat for the Viper? Does anyone make a short seat for the viper.
Or can I use a M8 gas tank and seat on the viper. As for the battery, I've got a Earthx right now so I can lay it on its side on the back of the tunnel, kinda like the way the new Doo G4 has the battery with just a simple low profile cover.

Thanks

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
737_SPG_Arctic_Cat-Viper_Seat_Kit_ACMSK275-BK.jpg

Arctic Cat-Viper Seat Kit
http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/snowmobileproducts/seatkits.html

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
The skinz freeride seat is the one you want. and no a m8 tank wont fit around the header ive tried

The Freeride seat is 2.5" lower than stock. I too couldn't get my legs easily over the stock seat and this seat is the best option out there!

349_SPG_Arctic_Cat-Viper_Low_Freeride_Seat_Kit_ACMSLF250-BK.jpg

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Haven't seen it in person so the photo may make it look worse than reality.
But they have certainly turned out some NICE PRODUCTS I have used over the last many years.

I agree. I love there airframes on my Pro. But the seat in that picture is hideous. Perhaps its the picture... they say the camera adds 20 lbs... or makes things ugly.. That is the excuse I give of photos of me anyhow...

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Boss seat

I've got a boss seat on my cat M1100T.
I moved the battery to under the hood.
I really like the storage I gained with the boss seat.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
This is the accessory Cat seat. All black with only a small emblem on the black that is not very noticeable. It is for the long tank with battery. Same as Viper MTX tank. 1.5" shorter and a claimed 5lbs lighter. I am very impressed with the seat and the amount of extra storage it accommodates. On this particular sled the battery is under the hood so the rear storage is amazing. Top storage and then two lower ones similar to a expandable suitcase. Priced very reasonable around 400 usd/550 cdn. Only little issue is it comes un- assembled and a small amount of cutting the OEM plastic is required. I'd never run one of those ridiculous Skinz seats. IMO they really messed the look of most sleds up with their seats.
Safe sleddin
RS

Vipex 6.jpg

J
Jan 7, 2016
This is the accessory Cat seat. All black with only a small emblem on the black that is not very noticeable. It is for the long tank with battery. Same as Viper MTX tank. 1.5" shorter and a claimed 5lbs lighter. I am very impressed with the seat and the amount of extra storage it accommodates. On this particular sled the battery is under the hood so the rear storage is amazing. Top storage and then two lower ones similar to a expandable suitcase. Priced very reasonable around 400 usd/550 cdn. Only little issue is it comes un- assembled and a small amount of cutting the OEM plastic is required. I'd never run one of those ridiculous Skinz seats. IMO they really messed the look of most sleds up with their seats.
Safe sleddin
RS

You wouldn't happen to have a part #?? Is the seat the same height as the stock Viper?

Premium Features