• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 apex turbo

J
Nov 16, 2009
NW IOWA
2006 Yamaha apex for sale. Boondocker side mount turbo. Has manual boost controller, can run up to 16lbs, I usually run it around 11 or 12lbs, thats plenty to go anywhere. Tunnel dump exhaust. Timbersled barkbuster 39" front end. With the newer style lower a-arms that are only 2 years old. I have the old set of lower arms for backups. One was broken and repaired but works great yet for a spare. Put the fox float 3's on last year, not many miles on them. Comes with slp powder pro skis, the simmons gen 3's will only go with for an extra $200 otherwise id like to keep them. Aem air fuel guage, boost gauge, and koso digital engine temp gauge. It never gets warm. New plug and play tether from OFT racing. Arctic cat M series rear skid, i believe its out of an 07. It works amazing on here. Ice Age rails, anti stab kit and 2 wheel kit with 9" wheels. Anit ratchet drivers, 162" x 16" x 2.5" camoplast challenger extreme. 3 years old. VE tunnel, has a few dings but functionally very well. The huge VE under tunnel cooler is awesome, No stock radiator or fan any more. 4400 miles with many more to go. Fuel can sno bunji and tunnel bag not included. I have a few other extra parts to go with the sled. Asking $4500. Located in NW iowa. text or call alex 712 360 0111

WP_20150810_004.jpg WP_20150810_001.jpg WP_20150810_005.jpg WP_20150810_007.jpg

Last edited:
L
Sep 25, 2014
Have you ever ran the UP with it? I am interested but do a majority of my off trail in the UP with a trip or so out west every year.

J
Nov 16, 2009
NW IOWA
I have never had it to the UP, what's the elevation up there? I've only ever ridden it out west... I'd imagine all you'd have to do is maybe turn the boost down a little and adjust the fuel accordingly. Which you can do by turning the dial and pushing a few buttons

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I have the same basic sled with a boondocker side mount and ride it in MN all the time. No head shim, 6-10 pounds with some race fuel cut with 91 to help keep things in one piece. With a shim or low comp pistons you could run without the race fuel. No issues, runs like a top.

Good luck with the sale.

J
Nov 16, 2009
NW IOWA
thanks for the info, I didn't think there would be a problem. This one does have the head shim. I usually run a little race fuel also but but just pump gas is just fine too.

Premium Features