• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro rmk 800 engine and pipe fitment

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
thinking about cannibalizing a very good running pro and building another IQR... but this time with a turbo. 146 track lenth. just kinda something dumb. Main questions are, how does a pro rmk pipe fit in the iqr bulkhead, is PAR still the place to go for motor mounts, and who wants to see a race gas, intercooled turbo iqr ? I have come to a cross roads where i enjoy jumping more than climbing while riding at 8000 feet in some of the best mountains in the west. I could easily throw together a peppy 600 iqr short track but once you have played with close to 250-300 hp at elevation, it is pretty damn hard to go back to kicking a sled up a side hill. so pretty much my plan is to go back to a chassis that holds up and likes to be abused, make it a mid length mountain sled that i can still piss off people on 163's with.

also, i haven't been on the IQR seen in like 4 years. i have herd rumors of pro plastics fitting the IQr chassis well. this would make life simple as i have two pros, and an iqr. all of them are kinda broken in one way or another. using a pro tank would obviously be ideal for reasons like fuel pump, seat, and availability. having it not look like a mangled mess would be nice too.

last question, where in the hell do i get the HUGE spindles and front end that is on Levi's sled. i see it all over the place, but even the 15 race sleds don't have the big spindle?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
.............. i have herd rumors of pro plastics fitting the IQr chassis well. this would make life simple as i have two pros, and an iqr. all of them are kinda broken in one way or another. using a pro tank would obviously be ideal for reasons like fuel pump, seat, and availability. having it not look like a mangled mess would be nice too.

I guess I need to look into this further myself, (pics would be awesome). I have both in my sled shed so may have to look into this further. When I inquired about two years ago, everyone seemed to think they were too different, but the PRO was built off of the IQR geometry if you start pulling measurements. All the Polaris R&D guys had heavily modded IQR's as test sleds. So to some degree it makes sense that, while not a direct fit they may well work. ...................Anybody done this? Post pics or PM us.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
What about sending the 600 IQr pipe to Bikeman? They stretch it out to the size of an 800 pipe, then you run an 800 y-pipe but you will have to weld spring tabs as the y-pipe uses 4 springs and the 600 IQr pipe uses 3. I tried stretching 2 springs onto one tab but they kept breaking. I recommend that setup with 5 springs, welding one to the y-pipe and two to the pipe. I had mine ceramic coated afterwards but it should work just as good painted. :devil:

R
Oct 1, 2001
I have a build in the build section, IQR, turbo, race gas, intercooler but with a 174. I use a pro pipe in a IQR and just cut it to fit.

Premium Features