• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 T Issues?

R
Oct 17, 2008
Williams Lake B.C.
I've really got the itch to buy new iron as my 08' M1 is starting to feel dated but the machine I really want (1100T) seems to still have a plethora of issues affecting it's driveline as far as blowing belts. I've heard everything from too short of belts or poorly manufactured OEM belts to excessive engine movement or actual flex in the jackshaft to poorly machined angles of contact surfaces on the primary and secondary clutches. WTF cat, I love that you guys took a leap and put a machine like this with it's immense potential out on the market but why couldn't you guys have solved the driveline issues that exist with them before going to market with them and expecting your customers to do your R&D for you. I would like to hear your opinions on this as I really want to step into one of these but I'm Kinda shying away due to these issues and Cat's apparent lack of resolution to them.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
350 miles and the belt looks brand new. I love this sled. The only issue that I have had is that I want the evo kit but cant afford it right now.:face-icon-small-hap

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i blew my first belt today on only my second ride, i fear i got it wet and was a little abusive too!!!(3' of pow)

Ive owned m8's, turbo m8, proclimb 800, pro rmk 800, and now have a 1100t and i got to say, this is the funnest sled ive ever rode........

D
Feb 16, 2008
MONTANA
How Often with CatBelts?

How is Cat dealing with the belt issues on these sleds? Are there enough of them out there to justify a warrantied belt? Im also curious about how many of these are actually burning up the belts. We were in cooke last year and I personally witnessed an M8 that burned a belt with almost no miles on the machine. I dont know if its an adjustment/alignment issue with this chassis or a power thing with the turbo on the 1100s? Mybe people arent giving the belts any breakin time... I scrub and scuff the clutches and belt on brand new sleds and it seems to help

kdawg

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I have 900+ mile on my first belt. Stock 2012 1100T. Sometimes you just have to back off and let the belt cool off. Easier said than done though, when the powder is good. Great sled.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I have about 350 miles on my first belt on my 2013 HRC. Been running the EVO 290hp super chute since day one.

R
Oct 17, 2008
Williams Lake B.C.
Thanks for the feedback guys I just posted because I know of a couple twelves in my area that have gone through quite a few belts and some of the other posters here on snowest that have had some issues with belt reliability on 12's and 13's, so it seems like an issue with some sleds and not others wheather it's the machine it self or the operators riding style on the ones that do have issues remains up in the air for now I guess.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
I'm on my 4th belt and my M1100T has 700 miles on it. I got the OSP jackshaft support and motor mount adjuster installed today, I will see tomorrow if it helps? I am running a different helix and primary spring if that matters to you.

My biggest beef with the driveline is that the reverse rarely works on mine (right now it doesnt work at all), and the lack of aftermarket gears so that I can change my gear ratio to something a little lower.

I do wash my belts, clean my clutches after each ride, and TRY to brake in new belts slowly.

Premium Features