• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My new build.. 2012 RMK

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Thanks, but I already have a 600 bottom end that is made for this chassis.. plus I don't have any money after buying what I got of this 700 stuff.. thanks for the offer though..:)

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Slow process, but its still under construction. Found out that the Rush motor I bought runs different electrical than the Pro, so I have to sell off all my Pro wiring and get the stuff for the Rush.. Hopefully I can get it sold so I can start buying the Rush wiring soon.

I traded my chain case setup for a 13 belt drive setup. Obviously not everyone will agree with this decision, but I think it will be fine. Waiting on some Lords adhesive to be able to get that installed.

Next on the list are either a pair of 13 Pro take off boards or a pair of Burandt boards.. Either will be fine with me.. Cheaper than airframes.

I have been working 2 jobs so the process has been really slow on this, but need to play some financial catch up so its a necessity. Just wish the extra $ could go towards sled parts instead of bills..:face-icon-small-hap Wouldnt that be nice.

Doesnt look like this sled will be up and running this year, but will be shooting for next, but that gives me more time to get everything done and probably add a few extra mods that were not in the works before. I will update this again, when I have more completed.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Here is the latest progress.. Hope it holds up better than everything I have been reading about.. :lol:

IMG_20130202_151135_zpsae87374c.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Nick...

looking good brotha...love the dedication, and this is the onl true way to learn what every part is, does and how it works...thats why i cant stop building sleds too...HAHA...

keep doing what your doing man, it will pay off soon...

p.s. check my location now...weak, lol....but the turbo 9 is waiting for me to move to Anchorage this time next year ;))

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Nick...

looking good brotha...love the dedication, and this is the onl true way to learn what every part is, does and how it works...thats why i cant stop building sleds too...HAHA...

keep doing what your doing man, it will pay off soon...

p.s. check my location now...weak, lol....but the turbo 9 is waiting for me to move to Anchorage this time next year ;))

Sean, I seen ya took off on me already.. haha.. In the mean time if ya need anyone to wrench on your 9's, just let me know.. :face-icon-small-ton

I am pretty sure I know what every part is on this sled so far.. I spend more time searching part #'s and learning parts than anything else it seems.. This also helps me to help others in the future though if someone has a question about something I may know a little bit about.. :lol:

Had some parts show up yesterday that I snapped some pics of.. It was like christmas.. At least this time when my motor shows up, it wasnt missing 1/2 of what I paid for.. I have a few other un necessary add ons for this in the works also, but after that, everything is going towards getting this thing actually running..

IMG_20130227_152918_zps840739f7.jpg

IMG_20130227_154953_zpsb157caf4.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Still have a ways to go, but here is the progress on the motor so far.. Almost ready to drop in..

IMG_20130321_103301_zps2e1fcdc2.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Soo, this project has been slow to say the least.. For sure not going to be able to ride it for this season at all.. Didnt even get close.. I have aquired a few more parts here and there and am working on putting things back together.. Still have some things to get, but my life has been crazy and hectic lately and at this point in time I am very POOR.. I hate it.. I have never been rich by any means, but this is an all new low for me.:( I have faith I will finish this sled eventually and my plans are to have it done by Fall, but who knows.. Times goes by so quickly these days it seems and with so much on my plate, my sled has been the last thing to be tended to.. In the mean time I am helping someone build a pretty awesome IQ 600 and am also helping build (I am really the one building it) a really nice IQR 660.. Both of those will be done fairly soon so maybe I can spend more time on mine.

The motor of my sled is coming along pretty good.. Even though I am broke, I still have lots of sled parts from various sleds and have been able to do a great deal of trading some of my parts for other stuff I need, so it is actually coming together pretty good.. I think now, I just need an oil pump, a renik on a cylinder and 2 pistons and its ready to go in.. I am putting it all together to look like a motor for now so I can at least drop it in and get things placed where they need to be.. Then I can do the cylinder and pistons. Will have pics of the almost complete motor here soon. Wont look too much different than the last pic, but will have a few more parts on it..

Another thing that will change is the hood will no longer be red.. Decided to put a black hook on the sled instead.. The red is a much never hood than the black is quality wise, but I just never really like the way it looked being red and black.. I would rather be all red or all black and since the rest of it al all black and I only have 1 red part, it was easier to get rid of the 1 part. It will eventually have a wrap on it anyway, but for now, I just didnt like the look.. Will post pics of that when it shows up.. I might also opt for the hood hinge kit thats out there.. Who knows how much I will be wrenching on this thing when I first get it together.. Dont want to pull the hood every time.. I havent decided on that yet though..

If anyone know of a stock Pro or Rush 600 pipe, please let me know.. I am also searching for an 09 Shift 600 136/144/155 ECU or 2010 + Rush 600 ECU. Those 2 models are the same. I may not have a lot of money, but can always figure something out and I do accept donations.. hahaha :help::heh::nod::thumb:

More pics and details to come and things progress.. Thank you everyone for the support and help during this build..

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Keep the faith bro!!

I Always got mad respect for you cause your dedicated to the sport like myself ;) and i love to see you build your own machine how you want it..your a pioneer my friend

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
A few more changes recently.. Got more of the motor parts I needed like the oil pump, throttle bodies, and some other small stuff so now its 99% complete. Was able to come into a set of Zbroz arms so those went on.. Have some Float 2 shocks that are going on soon.. Also got a new Boss seat and ended up trading my red hood for a black one.. Got the ECU I needed, so with just a few more small things and it might be going this year.. who knows though.. Here are a couple pictures, but will have some more soon with more progress done..

20130630_121655_zpse863c04a.jpg

20130630_121624_zps7629f2ca.jpg

20130810_173442_zps1c170124.jpg

20130810_173451_zps2d22f4f0.jpg

Last edited:
Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Its been awhile since I have made any progress on this build. The summer has been busy with family and work and the sled needed to be moved because the location it was at before was no longer available to have our sleds in. Now that winter is coming and the things to do outside with my son have started to slow down because of the cold, the sled has its new home and I have started spending some time doing a few more things to it. I got a few more parts over the summer. From great deals on stuff to even free parts, the members of this forum and the snowmobile community have helped me out a lot on this build and without this place, it would never be possible. I am so thankful for everyone that has been a part of this and helped me out in any way! I still have parts that I need, but thanks to everyone that has helped me out, I am a whole lot closer and HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) I can be on the snow at least a few times this year. Anyway, here are a few pictures of some of the new parts and of some of the progress that has been made since the last time I posted.. Hoping to get more done soon. Anyone have any pictures of how the wiring harness is routed?

Motor is bolted in
20131113_225609_zps49437813.jpg

20131113_225540_zpsd7464b67.jpg

Control arms installed and spindles modified so it would turn. I thought that was only needed with the 36" arms.. Guess not.
20131113_225700_zps3669bd69.jpg

Boss seat added. Still need to get more Velcro and position it better on the sled.. This was a completely un-necessary addition, but I was fortunate to purchase it from someone who was willing to work with me so that I could buy something that I normally would not have been able to so I seized the opportunity and couldnt be happier.
20131113_225717_zpsabaa1e69.jpg

Here is the stock pipe and PCV. Was able to get the PCV off of ebay for an amazing price. The price was right for the pipe and even though it is stock, it is basically brand new and will do just fine on this sled for the time being. A pro 600 stock pipe is not a very easy item to come by.. They must not be that bad.. :face-icon-small-hap
20131113_225518_zps4e24ef1b.jpg

Here is the can that will be attached to the pipe. I got hooked up on the price for this one.. Couldnt pass it up.. The forum member I got this from is great person and I definitely owe him one!! :hail:
20131115_150537_zps518cb2f0.jpg

Last edited:

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
Any progress? I hope you're going to get on the snow this year!:rockon:

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
There has been some more progress to this build.. Not a lot, but at least it is something. Between being sick and putting in lots of extra hours at work, making time to work on the sled has not been easy. Life has also thrown me another curve ball which has made everything just that much harder. Not sure I will make it on the snow this year after all, but I am sure going to try hard to get it done. Getting up on the mountain could help me with relieving the stress thats turning my hair grey.. :face-icon-small-hap I will post some more pics of the progress and some details on the changes very soon.. Again, thank you everyone for all your help and support. I truly appreciate it!

Premium Features