• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camo Peak vs Camo Extreme

S

Sawking

Dec 21, 2008
I think this is a million dollar question for a lot of people on this board. It seems all of the threads dried up around the new year. I know there has to people who has compared the 2 and has a lot of time on the new track. I or I should I say we want to hear how has it been performing. Theres got to be some sleads with a lot of miles on them with peak tracks. I'm still on fence which one to buy. Thanks

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I was debating this myself, Heard from an outstanding source that the peak is too stiff, thus it trenches and it didn't hold up, the rider had a bunch of torn lugs, and the track actually split and ripped. The CE is a proven powder track and it will take some serious engineering to outdo it. I had high hopes for the peak but i think the lugs need to be softer to actually work as intended. I know some have had good luck with it but in dry bottomless pow i don't think it could outdo the CE.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
THE YAMMY VERSION OF THE PEAK SEAMS A LITTLE SOFTER. Christopher has one on his charged NYTRO it grips and goes throughs a hell of a storm behind it seems ok in pow not a lot of miles yet ..

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I'm running the Peak on my sled, an '09 777 RMK 155". I have reading all the posts I see that talk about the Peak and those that have 500+ miles on their track have stated that the paddles do soften up and works better in the powder. I have about 200 on mine and the paddles are a little softer than when I first got it.

As for the ripping and tearing, he could have just got a bad track, it can happen with any track. I have no rips, tears, or torn paddles and I've gone over rocks, trees, and what ever else the first few trips out and it still looks fine. I also set my track tension with a 1/2" gap using no weight on the track.

Like mentioned above, this track throws one hell of a rooster tail. I went to a longer flap to help reduce the rooster tail a little, reduce my coolant temps a little as well.

I was told by a couple of reliable sources the CE was known for trenching. I don't know as I've never had one so I said what the hell and went with the Peak. So far I love it.

Like the old saying goes, opinions are like ********, everyone has one.

Last edited:
D
Dec 4, 2007
I was to impatient to wait to see what the Peak had to offer and went ahead with the CE...and wow!!!! Massive difference in performance over stock...which isn't saying much for the 09 track. I have been able to climb anything that my turbo friends are climbing and it just keeps on going. Can't go wrong with the CE.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
and wow!!!! Massive difference in performance over stock...
Did you replace a 09 Doo track?? I'm doing this next year myself, heard it makes a noticeable diff and my 09 goes pretty good now.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Depends on what kind of snow you generally ride on.

Fluffy light snow, the CE is the better performer. Heavy, wet or packed snow then the peak is better. Same type of machine, same day, real world testing.

For my money and my riding, The CE is the better bang for buck.

D
Dec 4, 2007
Did you replace a 09 Doo track?? I'm doing this next year myself, heard it makes a noticeable diff and my 09 goes pretty good now.

I did....and yes it made a BIG difference. It isn't fun to replace...if you have changed a track on an XP you know what I mean. It will vibrate for a few miles but then it's good to go. I have ridden in both heavy wet conditions and light and fluffy and it performs exeptionally well in both. I was even more surprised at how it affected the backshift going down hill....seemed to enhance the backshift and slow me down even more.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Was waiting to see this thread, wanted to hear bout the Peak track also, sounds like I'll prolly go with the CE or the 2,5 Doo track, went through 2 156x16x2.5 CE on my boys 02 ZX, once those stiff lugs start tearing off it's done, went back to a Challenger on that sled.
X-rider, while your waiting or if you decide to wait till next year, buy a set of those window flappers that cover the two big ports on the 09 track, I bought a set from Xtreme Machine over in Utah, $75. Makes a lotta differance on that track, flotation wise. If you want, PM me and I'll give ya the ph. #, Felkers wants $150 for the same thing.

Premium Features