• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So it finally happened…

N
Dec 22, 2011
Kootenays B.C.
So it finally happened…

After reading several threads on blown belts, I have now joined the club yay!(heavy sarcasm). I have cut back the insulation near the primary clutch, cleaned the clutch surfaces with brake clean and installed the new belt. Any other tips?

N
Dec 22, 2011
Kootenays B.C.
500 miles on the belt, my sled is a 2012 proclimb sno pro. My jack shaft nut was loose for a ride or two before I noticed it and had it fixed, so I'm wondering if that lead to the belts early Demise? And it's an 800

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
I got 250 miles 125miles at 7 psi and 125 miles at 13psi on the the same belt now I would say I have fixed my problem. oh and my first belt blew at 13 miles none boosted.

H

HCM

Jan 12, 2010
So Boost fixed the belt problem. It did on my M1000 got 700 miles on this belt and only could get 1 ride stock.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I got 250 miles 125miles at 7 psi and 125 miles at 13psi on the the same belt now I would say I have fixed my problem. oh and my first belt blew at 13 miles none boosted.

Funny stuff,
There are several threads going about belt problems, ranging from engineers putting a thinkpool together, to arctic cat reps hiding any types of problems with the new sled.

Shop, throws a thread up about a logical fix that makes plenty of sense and seems to be a fix, and everybody misses it.

I rode the pc yesterday and was very impressed with it, of course I wasn't LOOKING or WANTING to find a problem with it. (yes I'm implying that alot of guys want to have a problem with their new pc sled)

C

Chubby

Nov 26, 2007
Albany mn.
I would not Put up with the belt problems that Just 175 hp is causing. I ran my Apex at 15-17 Boost 290+hp 174 inch track I blew 1 belt in 1300 miles and that was in Minnesota at 110 mph + And the bels where 1/2 the price they are now.

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
I joined the club today as well... I was at 215 miles, and in some really nice snow for Washington, and pulled about eight inches of cord. Honestly, I think the reason it blew was from water getting on it. It didn't feel like it was slipping, but when I put the new one on, I ran it for a few up the road, and did an easy pull in some deep, kindof sidehill on the clutch side, and it seemed to just be screaming! Oh yeah, that engine sounds a bit different at 8700. So needless to say, snow is getting in there. I haven't decided all of what I'm gonna do, but the duct, and fan are goin bye bye, and some pre filter fabric is on order. And this is a pc800 snopro...

Last edited:
E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
I'm with others on the belt issue... only 150 miles and no problem but I'm keeping an eye on it. What pisses me off is my primary sled is an Apex boosted with a 290 hp McX kit with a stock secondary button type clutch. I replace the belts on it every 1400-1500 miles, moving the old one to my spare. I know of one guy with a turbo Apex and it has over 3000 miles, same belt. Why can't Arctic Cat, Polaris or Skidoo figure this out. On top of all this I can buy a new Yamaha belt for about 55-60 bucks on line.

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Mine blew this weekend at 210 miles. I take off after every ride and the belt still looked great. Was hoping I was one of the lucky ones. Belt was also washed and broke in on first ride.

Had two WOT pulls in some deep snow, I have never seen a belt disintegrate like this, or never seen clutches get so hot. Took an hour to get all the chunks out of the secondary.

Wasted my clutch cover, luckily a metal worker was at buddy's shop that night and got my cover re-shaped.

The funny thing is after this belt blew, my chatter went away??

I usually only got 4-6 hundred miles on M8 and will be venting and sealing more this week.

Here is the pull.

Last edited:

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Funny that you tipped over a couple times, I thought it was just me. I tipped mine over the other day on a hill that I swore my M8 would have balanced on while I was helping my dad get unstuck. Good vid

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Funny that you tipped over a couple times, I thought it was just me. I tipped mine over the other day on a hill that I swore my M8 would have balanced on while I was helping my dad get unstuck. Good vid

Yep definetely less forgiving and rolls easier than M8, right after I rolled it upright on that hill, my ski dipped into a trench and flipped me over again. Would have never happened on my M8. Still would't go back!

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
i have never got over 500 miles on a belt, and im 130 pounds... but im strait hard on belts, (braking in the air pinning it when i land, long big pulls, never givem a break ect ect ect)

-Aksnopro

Premium Features