• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 T So called Reverse

U
Jan 7, 2012
I have over 16,000 invested in my 1100turbo and it has had this trouble, I have 39 miles on it and have sat in truck last 2 rides. It already has update but it still sits at dealer waiting on parts, wish I could get my $ back and give this A couple of seasons to get the bugs worked out.

K

kramer boy

Nov 30, 2009
Fairview Alberta
what are the procedures to get at the top gear to check out reverse. I am hearing a fairly good tick under some hard pulls coming from the right side of my sled. It doesnt sound or feel violent enough for a ratchet and it wont always do it so was going to check it out if not too difficult.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
The reason my reverse would not work is that the jackshaft had constant torque on it from the engine. meaning the belt was runnig to high in the sec. and as soon as it popped out of forward it would spin and not let the reverse engauge. I shimmed the sec. farther apart allowing the belt to ride lower in the sec. No more spinning clutch when it pops out of forward, so now it has a chance to get into reverse. Tried it 6 times in the shop. Worked everytime. Now we will see if it works in the snow.

M
Nov 16, 2009
The reason my reverse would not work is that the jackshaft had constant torque on it from the engine. meaning the belt was runnig to high in the sec. and as soon as it popped out of forward it would spin and not let the reverse engauge. I shimmed the sec. farther apart allowing the belt to ride lower in the sec. No more spinning clutch when it pops out of forward, so now it has a chance to get into reverse. Tried it 6 times in the shop. Worked everytime. Now we will see if it works in the snow.

Wow!!! I think I might hang on to my m1000 a while longer. Was thinking of a new 1100 turbo, maybe not. Too many issues.:face-icon-small-fro

W
Jan 19, 2010
alaska
Mine has done it 4 times now. If I shut it off & start it back up it will be in forward gear, Seems to work.The last 3 or 4 times I have started it to go riding the back up beeper will be beeping saying it in reveres then it stops & all is good. I like the sled but the reverse sucks ***. And it has popped on me a couple times don't know if it's fuel or Battery like I've herd in other Post's, If anybody did decide to sell there M 1100 turbo I don't think anybody would want it so we are stuck with the problem's with it. It is an awsome sled just hope they come up with a fix or they are going to have some Big Problem's with customer's. I bought an 800 HCR for the Wife and it run Perfect no Problem's.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
One at the dealer (300ish) miles and all it will do is grind. Last week in the Horns a guy in our group used reverse and after that it wouldnt go forward....got towed.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Talked to my dealer on friday, and still no fix from AC. If it breaks they put the same parts back in and hope for the best...They could take a few pointers from Yamaha on the reverse. I've had three Nyrtos, 2 with 270 hp and never looked at the chain case in any of them. I don't want to hear this fist year of the new sled B.S. They didn't just invent reverse this year.....

K
Dec 4, 2007
CNY
You have to run the belt deflection looser than most guys are used to.

With the belt tight, the secondary and jackshaft spin between the time it is out of reverse, but not in forward yet, this rounds over the teeth on the forward gear, preventing it from engaging.

Everyone will be getting a letter on this, telling you if you have had any grinding, not to use reverse until the upgraded parts have been installed, no eta on parts arrival though.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
You have to run the belt deflection looser than most guys are used to.

With the belt tight, the secondary and jackshaft spin between the time it is out of reverse, but not in forward yet, this rounds over the teeth on the forward gear, preventing it from engaging.

Everyone will be getting a letter on this, telling you if you have had any grinding, not to use reverse until the upgraded parts have been installed, no eta on parts arrival though.

As said earlier in this thread

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
would love to here more postive threads, i feel for you guys

all first year chassies have issues, but having demos out gives the manuf. something to go off of, rather than loyal customers doing their r and d

stay with it guys, they will figure it out or you will, good luck

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I had mine in reverse then pushed button to go into forward beeper and everything was off but sled still in reverse, stood on sled and rocked it back and forth and it engaged back into forward. Only had this happen once have used the reverse 3-4 times since with no problems.

T

TheJett29

Dec 6, 2007
Western ND
Reverse is the only problem, besides having to reattach the charge tube, that I have had. All in all these sleds rip. I am real impressed how they go through the trees. Not sure yet what I will be on next year but I am still happy with my sled. Been on two strokes my whole life until this year. The two's are so easy to manipulate compared to the four. Not bad just different.

Mine wouldn't go back into forward after using reverse one time. Took it apart and the little reverse gear was chewed up from grinding. Re-profiled the gear to have shallower cut using a dremmel with little cut off wheel. Took about 5 minutes. No problem since, but I sure think about it every time I'm up in the hills and push the button.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
How much metal debris in the oil? I bet it can't be good for the life of existing components? Or is it just helping it break in a little like polishing with pumice?

Mike

Premium Features